Pricewatch!

Unlike the rest of you, I have not played the Gothic games. Reading all the posts here sparked my interest. The games are fairly cheap, but since I've been busy with other games, I figured I would just keep an eye out for them to go on sale on Seam or GOG.

Well, today is the day! The Gothic games (and ArcaniA) have gone on -75% on Steam.

I'm getting all three. Now, I need to decide whether to get the Arcania titles. What are your thoughts? I realize they aren't Gothic, but maybe they are decent? Worth getting?

Arcana (originally released as Gothic sequel) is an alright game but it is not really a Gothic game. Its a fairly simple open world RPG that appealed to me as an easy but fun RPG but again, it was not a Gothic game.

I'm getting all three. Now, I need to decide whether to get the Arcania titles. What are your thoughts? I realize they aren't Gothic, but maybe they are decent? Worth getting?

Well you don't have much to lose at those prices. If you do get them though, my advice would be to play Arcania first. If you play the Gothics first, Arcania will seem like a steaming pile of shit in comparison. :)

Thanks Dajjer and JDR13!

Even though it's all cheap, I decided to just get the three Gothic games ($5!). As I understand, those are the games that PB considers canon (I think I read that on the Steam forums) and has patched. I'll look into community patches and mods as I go.

I would rather focus on the core three games. Should I get through them, I think Risen would be the next game to play (not Arcania).

You need the community patch only for G3.
Arcania is a totally different game from gothic and risen games, I'm not saying it's a disaster, but holds no actual value and you won't regret not buying it.

Fable 1 again on Steam sale, 135€.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/204030/

Usually when it comes to that game I say skip it out of protest (Fable 2 never ported on PC, Fable 3 turned into pure grinder, Fable 4 changed to staring into a horsebutt) but this time I won't.
This time I'll say if there is no singleplayer RPG you're playing now, spend some time with Fable 1 and enjoy the only game where you can get married 4 (or was it 5?) times without being divorced first! :D

Thanks for the link Joxer the game costs $1.49 for NA buyers. As for Fable 2 I accepted long ago that we will never play it on the PC. Blame Microsoft for that.;)

I ended up playing the Game of the Year version on my XBOX 360 anyway. It was not as good as the first Fable, but better than the third one.

Steam is also selling Crusader Kings II for 75% off.

Link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

The latest DLC Rajas of India was just released today, but it's not on sale.

Link -http://store.steampowered.com/app/279600/

This time I'll say if there is no singleplayer RPG you're playing now, spend some time with Fable 1 and enjoy the only game where you can get married 4 (or was it 5?) times without being divorced first! :D

If it was released now you'd have to buy the 'Polygamy DLC'!

Wasn't expecting it to be on sale but I was hoping for the previous DLC (Sons of Abraham) to be on sale with the release of the new one, but alas, that is not the case.
They will offer another complete pack eventually in a new steam sale.;)

I bought one off of Gamers Gate before they switched to Steam only updates. If I was smart I would of waited for the eventual gold edition once all the DLC is finished.

They will offer another complete pack eventually in a new steam sale.;)

I bought one off of Gamers Gate before they switched to Steam only updates. If I was smart I would of waited for the eventual gold edition once all the DLC is finished.

Wait for major Paradox DLC expansions? SACRILEGE! GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!

Wasn't expecting it to be on sale but I was hoping for the previous DLC (Sons of Abraham) to be on sale with the release of the new one, but alas, that is not the case.

Same here. I'll probably hold off on my purchase of Sons of Abraham for a little longer.

Square Enix weekend on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/squareenixweekend2014

Get DX trilogy (no, DX:IW is not nearly as bad as DX:The Fall) if you still didn't play any of those games and feel free to ignore the rest.
I got persuaded into buying DS3, but it's just an average game with rotten AI and ment to be played only in coop mode, you won't feel sorry for not playing ever, let them sell such crap to braindead people.
Sleeping dogs is DLC:The Game* and you don't want to pay for that bullshit.
Legacy of Kain has it's moments but is it really a musthave stuff today? Same goes for Hitman.
Never bought The Last Remnant, I dislike screenshots and wouldn't really enjoy the excessive micromanagement mentioned in numerous reviews.
And Mini Ninjas looks as a phonegame ported onto PC.

So, go there and grab DX series if you don't have those three games already. If yes, nothing to see here, move on.

——
* I should really make a list of those few DLC:The Game games. But still dunno what criteria to use. Has more than 10 DLC? Gets DLC every 3 months? The sum to buy all DLC is greater than the game price on it's release date? *sigh*

I liked Invisible War.

If I didn't know that Harvey Smith designed this game, I would have said that Invisible War was a solid Obsidian rpg.

It is more rpg than most rpgs nowadays, and therefore it is not a Deus Ex game, since you don't have this 'urgency' to save the world.

Back
Top Bottom