|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Latest and Greatest Mods

Default Latest and Greatest Mods

December 13th, 2013, 02:40
Good man! I generally like stuff that makes tedium less. So I have a bound pickaxe spell, so I don't have to carry a 10 pound pickaxe. Reweighed potions, so I don't have to backtrack to town as often, SkyUI, and Skytweak and a few magic mods, to make destruction scale evenly with melee. I also like the female form and use the body mods and armor mods. Gotta get a good "slow down experience mod". Skytweak could do it, but it takes a lot of fiddling.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 13th, 2013, 03:10
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
"slow down experience mod".
Try this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1175/?

sakichop

SasqWatch

December 13th, 2013, 15:41
Man…
Install the mod I've added (no respawns) and you get no grinding which in reality means slow down experience.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

December 14th, 2013, 01:34
I don't have that mod, but I manually tweak respawns. I don't like them much either, Joxer.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 16th, 2013, 13:38
Originally Posted by CrazyIrish View Post
At its heart, Skyrim is a sandbox. Not wanting to add any toys to the sandbox except what came in the package seems a bit odd. If, at its heart, Skyrim was an artfully told, moving, and immersive story then I would be right there with you. From Daggerfall to Skyrim, every one of the games is improved by a careful selection of mods.
This. I don't think I've ever seen it put so well.

As with others here, I love every one of my 100+ mods. The more a game can feel like it's your own, the more immersive it is, imho.

Aubrielle

Winternorn

December 18th, 2013, 03:07
Wow. I only have a few dozen and I'm starting to get some stability issues. (The "Safety Load" mod helped a lot there.)

For lists of good mods, http://www.skyrimgems.com/ works well.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

December 18th, 2013, 14:16
Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
This. I don't think I've ever seen it put so well.

As with others here, I love every one of my 100+ mods. The more a game can feel like it's your own, the more immersive it is, imho.
Like wise to both comments. I have spent months (really) fine tuning and tweaking and have a very stable game. But I also don't have some of the more dangerous script mods that completely overhaul the game. Instead I focus on simple immersion script mods, the only real big one being Frostfall which is pretty stable and Chesko is a pro, and tons of textures and mods that add to the game with no, or very little, scripts.

I have close to 200 I think, mostly textures, right now. Here is my list as of 11/7/13 and the only real changes have been adding some more HR textures as they keep coming out.

http://home.comcast.net/~thunor/imag…nfig/mods.html

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 18th, 2013, 15:30
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Like wise to both comments. I have spent months (really) fine tuning and tweaking and have a very stable game. But I also don't have some of the more dangerous script mods that completely overhaul the game. Instead I focus on simple immersion script mods, the only real big one being Frostfall which is pretty stable and Chesko is a pro, and tons of textures and mods that add to the game with no, or very little, scripts.

I have close to 200 I think, mostly textures, right now. Here is my list as of 11/7/13 and the only real changes have been adding some more HR textures as they keep coming out.

http://home.comcast.net/~thunor/imag…nfig/mods.html
You can say that again! I have spent well over good 30 hours last week setting up all the mods. I just hope I play the game for more than 30 hours once I am happy with the mod setup!

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

December 22nd, 2013, 14:57
Hi everyone.
Just a little self promotion, which might be interesting for those roleplayers among you.

TakeNotes adds a player journal to the game that lets your write down your adventures or … well, whatever.

Here's a screenshot

LordConti

Traveler

April 4th, 2014, 02:14
Recently started up Skyrim and can't imagine playing without this gem: Dual Hand Combo Hotkeys. The misery I experienced at launch with Bethesda's console-centric hotkey stupidity is a thing of the past.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Latest and Greatest Mods