|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

Default Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots

May 25th, 2014, 11:58
I managed to find some new screenshots for Risen 3: Titan Lords on Neptune Games. So here is the link as I am too lazy to upload them to our gallery.

More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 26th, 2014 at 00:58.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 25th, 2014, 11:58
Nice! This game has a style and the developers fought hard to maintain the outlook above the level of mediocre.

mercy

SasqWatch

May 25th, 2014, 14:56
After reading a preview that said the water is now the only open areas i kind of lost interest.

SiiiiLENCE the DISCOOOORD…

vurt

Serial Modderer

May 25th, 2014, 15:22
The screenshots look nice. Very similar to Risen 2. I'm hoping the game is more open than just water areas, though.

Vurt, do you have a link for that preview so I can read it?

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 25th, 2014, 18:29
I really hope they try SOMETHING a little different than the endless remakes of Gothic 1.

Ovenall

Keeper of the Watch

May 25th, 2014, 18:55
I hope they try remake of Gothic 3.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 25th, 2014, 19:17
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
The screenshots look nice. Very similar to Risen 2. I'm hoping the game is more open than just water areas, though.

Vurt, do you have a link for that preview so I can read it?
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…1#post22830777

"No open forest or open fields. The only really open area is the sea."

sounds super lame and not something i would even consider playing. But who knows, maybe he's talking crap or just played for 5 minutes.

Edit: though there are similar reports in that thread, and fans that even defends it

"I, for one, like tubular world design. Sure beats vast plains and deserts full of nothing we saw in Gothic 3,"

:/

Last edited by vurt; May 25th, 2014 at 19:32.

vurt

Serial Modderer

May 25th, 2014, 19:47
I get enough of a series of a tubes on the internet.

I wish they would do a hi-def remake of the original gothic. Put it on consoles so I can sit on my couch and the controls don't give me arthritis.

Burress

Sentinel

May 25th, 2014, 19:59
There's a video available of a beta playthrough. Very illuminating.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU_Xjgru_pY

Speaking of Gothic 3, I just started a new game using the high graphics .ini file on the Steam forums and this is one beautiful game (at least for scenery); I think it looks better than Skyrim.

fragonard

Watchdog

May 25th, 2014, 20:01
"there was nothing to hit for over 30 seconds so obviously i got really bored with all the stupid plants and caves and probably hidden stuff, too much work, linear design FTW!!!!!"

derps..

vurt

Serial Modderer

May 25th, 2014, 20:12
I didn't get much illumination out of the video. I fastforwarded a lot, but it seemed like he never left that dock area. I certainly can't tell if we are in for 3d chutes and ladders or not. What did you get out of it?

Burress

Sentinel

May 25th, 2014, 20:29
Originally Posted by Burress View Post
What did you get out of it?
Well, there's a second video too which shows going up into the mountains to the mages guild.
Here's what I got out of it: Good detail, reminds me of Gothic. Improved animations and textures. I like the way it looks, the rats scurrying around, ducks walking on the wharf, decent amount of clutter. The bad part is that it seems to validate the "tunnel" criticism. The path up the mountain, for example, gives you a choice of which cave (literally a tunnel) to go through on your way, there does not seem to be any ability to scramble up rocks or ledges or even stray from the path.
In spite of that, I like the atmosphere more than in Risen 2. I guess we'll have to see if the gameplay makes up for the limits. Oddly, I'm slightly reassured because I was prepared for it to be worse than Risen 2 and that does not seem to be the case.

fragonard

Watchdog

May 25th, 2014, 22:54
Damn, I really don't like tunnel area design. I hope that's not the case with all land areas.

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

May 25th, 2014, 23:17
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum…1#post22830777

sounds super lame and not something i would even consider playing. But who knows, maybe he's talking crap or just played for 5 minutes.

Edit: though there are similar reports in that thread, and fans that even defends it

"I, for one, like tubular world design. Sure beats vast plains and deserts full of nothing we saw in Gothic 3,"

:/
That's very disappointing. It looks like this will be the only game i don't buy from these guys.

DarNoor

Sentinel

May 25th, 2014, 23:31
We would all be fools to accept the word of one person who played nothing but a demo version for a few minutes as an indicator of whether or not we should buy the game.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 25th, 2014, 23:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
We would all be fools to accept the word of one person who played nothing but a demo version for a few minutes as an indicator of whether or not we should buy the game.
My thoughts exactly. Who's to say the game doesn't open up more after that demo area, too? I have faith in Piranha Bytes after playing Risen 2.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

May 26th, 2014, 01:07
Originally Posted by vurt View Post

The game takes place on rocky islands so it somewhat justifies its level design. Im not fan of corridors but I wouldnt want some really big open forests in this setting. Now this setting looks at least a little original in comparison to usual fantasy forests and fields. I just hope that they dont destroy exploration and make there enough crossroads and creeks and hidden places etc.

They also use old engine which is unable to render big open terrain in required quality so they are forced to stick to more corridor-like approach.

Farflame

Watchdog

May 26th, 2014, 01:48
Originally Posted by Ovenall View Post
I really hope they try SOMETHING a little different than the endless remakes of Gothic 1.
It's worked wonders for Rockstar, Bethesda and to an extent Bioware.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

May 26th, 2014, 04:55
I need to get around to playing the first two games.

As for this one, so what if its linear as long as it's fun.

I don't see any reason why every game needs to be open world.

sakichop

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2014, 05:48
I kind of like the look of it so far, but if they are going that linear with no open world, then they're cutting their own throats. Two Thumbs Down.

Zephyr

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen 3: Titan Lords - New Screenshots