|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Starting Gothic 3 again

Default Starting Gothic 3 again

May 31st, 2014, 10:42
I'm pondering starting another session of Gothic 3. Are there are mods I ought to try out as addition to CPT? I'd rather try dual wielding or two handed swords. In old G3 I had to use the stun attacks which felt bugged. Is it viable to use normal and power attacks now?

Just thinking about this makes me drool a bit.

souha13

SasqWatch

May 31st, 2014, 14:20
For dual wielding you need to go evil in desert, it's not a mod.
And why melee anyway? Go ranged.

Dunno about mods, I hate mods except stop respawning mods and you don't need such mod in gothic games.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 31st, 2014, 15:46
I'd like to go melee. I've already made one playthrough back in the days as a mage .

Regarding dualwielding back in the day it was not very useful. Maybe it has changed?

I heard theres some mods but I dont know if theres anything that is useful for english players…

souha13

SasqWatch

May 31st, 2014, 22:41
The Questpacket 4.2 + ContentMod (afaik 2.6.2 or something) combo worked quite nicely for me in my last playthrough, easily +20-30% more content and variation. I would definitely recommend installing them.

If you can read German pay World of Gothic a visit and maybe you'll find something else that would interest you. The Update Pack that I linked to in Fluents thread is supposed to allow shields to block animal attacks, which IMHO would make a huge difference.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

June 1st, 2014, 16:55
Thanks kostas. Id try those mods. Unfortunatedly my german is a tad rusty…

souha13

SasqWatch

June 1st, 2014, 17:12
Originally Posted by souha13 View Post
I'd like to go melee. I've already made one playthrough back in the days as a mage .

Regarding dualwielding back in the day it was not very useful. Maybe it has changed?
I played Gothic 3 with CP 1.74 and in that dual wielding was worth every single investment - very powerful and the animation associated with it is a pleasure to look at. However, it will take quite a while and large investment in skill points and money to get it.

When I reached the end stages of Gothic 3, I had maxed out my skills in melee, ranged and had full mana re-generation, aligned with one of the gods and was able to reserruct an undead army, and I was a moving havoc engine (after 140 hours of play ofcourse)!

SpoonFULL

Keeper of the Watch

June 2nd, 2014, 23:55
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
For dual wielding you need to go evil in desert, it's not a mod.
I never went for dual-wielding in G3, but what do you mean you have to go evil?

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2014, 00:02
The only trainer for the master level of the dual whielding skill is in Ishtar, which you can't access until you have 75% reputation with the Hashishin.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

June 3rd, 2014, 00:53
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
The only trainer for the master level of the dual whielding skill is in Ishtar, which you can't access until you have 75% reputation with the Hashishin.
Can you still align yourself with any of the 3 gods after that?

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 3rd, 2014, 01:35
Technically I think so since even counter hashishi liberation quests can be completed without a quest giver. If you want to get RP about this serving Adanos and killing water mages doesn't really work together.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Starting Gothic 3 again