|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards 2 - Announced

Default Blackguards 2 - Announced

June 11th, 2014, 14:54
Kind of wish they would patch BG 1 before doing BG 2.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

June 11th, 2014, 16:06
Patch what?
I remember just a few irrelevant bugs (no healing on some healers, unstoppable endless respawns in some sidefights and such) in the first full (unpatched) release - finished it and didn't bother to play the patched game later where they changed poison mechanics and stuff.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 11th, 2014, 16:22
I am not so excited about this game. While the combat is fun, there is nothing else to the game. The story is mediocre at best and it's basically a turn-based dungeon crawler on a tactical combat map.

This gets boring for me quite quickly unless I am really in the mood for such a game or if I'm really bored.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

June 11th, 2014, 23:41
Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm all for milking Blackguards current engine for all it's worth and then some, before going ahead with a proper - and more budgeted sequel. I loved it well enough throughout the Early access and I'm sure with the couple of patches so far to be even better (I just haven't the time to finish it).

I was just expecting more DLC for the current title, maybe even something along the lines of a proper expansion pack even (the other reason I've delayed finishing the game, waiting for all additional content to be out). Not the biggest fan of this practise, but I think the BkG could have used more content here and there. Not to mention that BkG2 sounds exactly like an expansion pack that somehow got upgraded into a full sequel. Kinda wished they would keep the number upgrade for something bigger, that's all.

There's things that sound promising, but in this time frame I expect nothing really major. Not to mention with the announced premise, I'm guessing we'll be locked into a fixed person party again (My only major peeve was that nomatter how we spin it, there's zero party member choise).

Btw, weren't Daedalic recently purchased? I would have taken that as a good sign that 1) we're nowhere near a Blackguards Online release by Bigpoint and 2) that would have brought a bit extra finances for, I dunno, making a bigger and better sequel to their fresh hit Blackguards, which while not major (however successful, it's still pretty niche) could have reached a potentially bigger audience (all the people complaining that there's nothing beyond combat) ….

Polyester

Watchdog

June 12th, 2014, 00:24
Needless to say, I am quite happy to read this news. I hope B2 brings enough new toys to seem fresh.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

June 12th, 2014, 01:06
I put in a 100 hours and beat the first one. I was a pretty good game with some balancing issues.

If they focus on a better story, better companions and have more transparency with combat mechanics I would probably purchase.

If it's just more of the same I'm not sure I'm up for it.

sakichop

SasqWatch

June 12th, 2014, 03:05
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I think the another Hamburg company got into problems because their product remained almost completely unknown worldwide and more importantly you can't (couldn't) buy it on Steam. At least I was unable to.
Did I write I could never ever buy TRoT add-on anywhere normally but in the end I had to import it on a retail version from USA? That's not a way to make sales.
Yep, for sure. And they did finally release Drakensang and TRoT on Steam, but that's only been, like, within the last six months or so. Way too slow, for sure.

Aubrielle

Harbinger of Autumn
RPGWatch Team

June 12th, 2014, 09:47
Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
Btw, weren't Daedalic recently purchased?
Yes, german publisher Bastei Lübbe acquired a majority share of 51%.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

June 12th, 2014, 13:52
Originally Posted by Aubrielle View Post
Yep, for sure. And they did finally release Drakensang and TRoT on Steam, but that's only been, like, within the last six months or so. Way too slow, for sure.
Wait, who exactly released TRoT on Steam?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 12th, 2014, 14:07
Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
I was just expecting more DLC for the current title…
A new game I'll buy instantly. DLC? Sorry, that train left. I'm not buying.

Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Yes, german publisher Bastei Lübbe acquired a majority share of 51%.
What's more important is that Bastei is not into pay2win flashgames and thus won't force Daedalic to go scamming.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Wait, who exactly released TRoT on Steam?
Valusoft:
http://store.steampowered.com/search…snr=1_5_9__408
It says that it was released on "Feb 16, 2011", but honestly, it wasn't available on my side for ages.

[EDIT]
Found some more info:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dra…e_on_steam_now
Basically TRoT got enabled for Europe on Steam early this year, but is still disabled for Australia and New Zealand. For god's sakes…

Toka Koka
Last edited by joxer; June 12th, 2014 at 14:19.

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

June 12th, 2014, 14:32
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Valusoft:
http://store.steampowered.com/search…snr=1_5_9__408
It says that it was released on "Feb 16, 2011", but honestly, it wasn't available on my side for ages.

[EDIT]
Found some more info:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dra…e_on_steam_now
Basically TRoT got enabled for Europe on Steam early this year, but is still disabled for Australia and New Zealand. For god's sakes…
That's what I thought. It couldn't be dtp because they're out of business.

There's still no German version on Steam yet. For an RPG based on a German board game.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 12th, 2014, 14:50
True, the release is english language only.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards 2 - Announced