RPGWatch - Distant Star Beta Key Giveaway

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Well I have a special treat for everyone today as I was given a generous amount of Beta keys to giveaway from the Marketing Manager of Blazing Griffin Scott Boyd.

Now here is a brief description of the game as its not an RPG.
Distant Star: Revenant Fleet is a real-time, space-strategy game for PC, featuring fleet-based combat with persistent ship upgrades in a dynamically generated galaxy.

In Distant Star: Revenant Fleet, you take control of the last remaining ships of a near-destroyed A’kari fleet, and must rebuild your forces as you battle through ancient, galactic battlefields towards a final showdown with the Orthani.

Like RTS? Like roguelike? Like space? This is the game for you!

Distant Star: Revenant Fleet combines fast-paced RTS gameplay with roguelike elements. You can mix and match your small fleet of ships, upgrade their weapons, gain experience, new skills and traverse the galaxy, system by system, experiencing a series of mission types. Each sector in the galaxy and the missions within each system are dynamically generated so each playthrough is a different experience. Story events offer you a range of choices which may affect whether or not you are attacked (or you attack your enemy), are rewarded or the option to upgrade your ships.
So to celebrate just write what you like about the game, and I will randomly select a bunch of winners to announce at a later date. Good luck everyone.

More information.

I like that it is being compared to FTL, which I rather enjoyed.

Real time with pause is my favorite genre, and I'd love to try a space RTwP game.
Would like to see elements like friendly fire introduced (eg. Aarklash), it's beta so it's possible.

Typically prefer games with a save element that require only one play through, but like the poster above I sunk plenty of hours into Faster Then Light.

I can be pretty active with feedback in beta forums when a game grabs me.

[edit]Hmm my first post. Guess I'm just a long time lurker, who occasionally suggests a news item.

I'd like to check it out, I played a lot of FTL, and have been waiting for another sci-fi roguelike for a while now. I still play Starsector a lot, and going from the gameplay videos the combat seem pretty similar.

I like space games. If it's got anything in common with FTL I would love to give it a try.

I like the pause-and-play and the gorgeous graphics. It also has sort of a Starfleet Battles feel to it! Must be the tiny boxes :)

This looks different than the typical sci-fi RTS game. I was impressed by the intro video, and combat looks to be a lot of fun.

I would definitely like to try it. :)

Cheers!

The fact that is compared to FTL as other said made it on my wishlist.

Last edited:
Giveaway

Distant Star is an excellent real-time, space-strategy adventure with roguelike elements. I want it

I like to explore galaxies, to go where no man has gone before like Picard.
I like to command fleet and protect remnants of humanity like Bill Adama.
I like to upgrade my vessels and think about scientific development like Data.
And Distant Fleet can deliver similar experience.

I like when devs come to our great RPGWatch and answer questions of fans.
And Distant Fleet's manager really delivered. So I thank him for that and Couch for this giveaway. :)

Oh man, i wanna try it! Looks incredibly fun, i love these kind of top down space games! Usually end up buying these kind of games.

love those tactical game. definitly on my list. nice graphic. sound a bit like the last federation, but with more focus on battle, which is nice.

I'm not at all interested, but kudos to Blazing Griffin. I think there is a strong sci-fi group here as the posts have already reflected. Good job, Couch. Yuk! That left a bad taste in my mouth ;)

Back
Top Bottom