|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2 - Planescape Purgatorio Trailer

Default NWN2 - Planescape Purgatorio Trailer

December 7th, 2006, 12:17
Rogue Dao Studios is working on a trilogy of Planescape modules for NWN2 and have released a 60Mb trailer for the first, titled Purgatorio, at their site:
Rogue Dao Studios announces the Planescape Trilogy, a massive campaign set in the Infinite Planes for Obsidian Entertainment's Neverwinter Nights 2.
The Planescape Trilogy will deliver up to 45 hours of gameplay, 16 adventuring companions, an epic main plot and a slew of dynamic side quests.
"We expect the Planescape Trilogy to be one of the must-play adventures once everyone is finished with the NWN2 Original Campaign," - Montgomery Lee Markland, Executive Producer and Lead Designer.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 7th, 2006, 12:17
Ooh baby YES!

Hoping it's properly done, of course. I absolutely love Planescape, but it's hard to do well. It's all about belief, philosophy, power, myth, and history — whereas it's all too easy to turn it into another dungeon crawl with githyanki and slaadi instead of orcs and trolls.

But I'm definitely keeping a close eye on this one.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

December 7th, 2006, 14:04
Will they be selling this commercially or is it a fan-made mod?

Thaurin

SasqWatch

December 7th, 2006, 14:39
I don't know whether it is sold or free … but it looks sweet … but what was Albanon doing there

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 7th, 2006, 15:46
According to the devs' FAQ on the website:

"Will you charge for this?

No. The Planescape Trilogy will be distributed completely free-of-charge, and will be available on the Rogue Dao Studios website, the Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault and any other suitable venues for public download. "

They also say it's got an SP design, but you can LAN or multi-play it. Sounds very promising.

This might even get me to buy NWN2 before next year. (I have learned to restrain myself and not buy games til a few patches come out. I think it was ToEE that taught me that one.)

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 7th, 2006, 19:29
Are there any CODI people working on this?

I hate to sound cynical but a lot of major projects didn't come to fruition in NWN1. Some DLA stuff was eventually done but only after Bioware took half the team and they charged for it.

You've got to be careful you don't bite off more than you can chew. What's the incentive if you're not getting paid? This is the early stages of a new engine after all and I'm not sure we really know how to take full advantage of it yet.

That's said I actually wish and hope for their success.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

December 7th, 2006, 19:45
Planescape mods definitely do sound promising. I wonder if maybe Rogue Dao Studios is doing it for free to get their proverbial feet in the door and attach their name to a successful product. Though, it is too soon to declare NWN2 a success. Anyway, it's interesting news.

Dave "Kawika" Bonnewell
Editor - http://www.rpgwatch.com
My other laptop has been downgraded to a coffee table.

Kawika

Watchdog

December 7th, 2006, 20:25
If these modules are going to be that ambitious, then I'd almost rather see them as a pay-for-download deal so that the development team will have some resources and some incentive to finish them and make them great. I think that we're past the days when one or two guys could make great games from top to bottom all by themselves.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

December 7th, 2006, 20:53
I confirmed it, this is some of the group that made the Gatecrashers PW for nwn1

Lucky Day

Daywatch

December 8th, 2006, 00:35
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
This might even get me to buy NWN2 before next year. (I have learned to restrain myself and not buy games til a few patches come out. I think it was ToEE that taught me that one.)
I've been playing since 1.03beta came out, has been running perfectly on my system, i'm somewhere in Act2 right now.

araczynski

Watcher

December 8th, 2006, 01:48
I've been very involved with the Rogue Dao guys…Nice, NICE people and very committed to doing this and doing it professionally. I believe that there are a couple of DLA people on the team but not positive. They are well organized and seem like a lot of fun.

NWN 2 WarCry's done a bunch of stuff with them at my behest:

Chat: http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65522

Dev Updates: http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65679

http://nwn2.warcry.com/news/view/65532

We're getting ready to do another live chat with them. I'll be sure to let you all know when.

A day. A silver urn of promise and hope. The least and most of all our lives. ~Thrity Umrigar, Bombay Time

Kalia

Watchdog

Send a message via ICQ to Kalia Send a message via AIM to Kalia Send a message via MSN to Kalia Send a message via Yahoo to Kalia

December 8th, 2006, 02:08
Yes, please do let us know when you find out the date of the live chat, Kalia. I think that'd make for a great news post.

Dave "Kawika" Bonnewell
Editor - http://www.rpgwatch.com
My other laptop has been downgraded to a coffee table.

Kawika

Watchdog

December 8th, 2006, 08:32
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
I've been playing since 1.03beta came out, has been running perfectly on my system, i'm somewhere in Act2 right now.
well. I've moved it forward to my christmas wish list. Got to finish Wiz 8 first tho.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 9th, 2006, 02:34
Originally Posted by Lucky Day
Are there any CODI people working on this?
Schazzwozzer is contributing his efforts to the Purgatorio project.

- Michael Epstein, Rogue Dao Studios

fractalus

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » NWN2 - Planescape Purgatorio Trailer