|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gods - LoI - Kyla Cole Wallpapers @ Official Site

Default Gods - LoI - Kyla Cole Wallpapers @ Official Site

December 11th, 2006, 01:56
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
Disgraceful! - a pornographic star as an icon in gaming, where are we treading? - where are we heading? - what influence on younger gamers? - What depths will developer studios go to in seeking publicity? - is this the moral family way of life direction? - does this type of "official face" publicity endorse it as "correct"? - why drag this slut into the gaming world? - why is she not content in staying in her own stardom seeking world? - obviously she will get more publicity and "bucking bronco" males will slaver at the mouth when they check out her portfolio. I won't be part of it - count me out.
I'm guessing she got dragged in because she wants money and they want more sales. Win-win for both parties. I've never heard of her, and I'm a Victoria Secret guy more than a porn guy, but I don't see what the bid deal is. Do you think the video game model ladies at the E3 in Vegas were virgins?

And as a guy, barring your immediate family, aren't you for girls being more slutty in general? I know I'm mad that I wasn't born 10 years earlier or later so I could of got in on the free love hippy action or the girlfriendís making out ecstasy action. I got screwed.

Unless you think women should be repressed and guys are the only ones allowed to be sexually promiscuous. But lets break it down. Women, through no fault of their own, have a product men are willing to revolve their life around. We'll call this product hair pie. Now, just like if everyone had a clay pot, you could decide to sell it or keep it. Itís yours to do with as you wish. Now, I could think you are an idiot to sell your clay pot to the first person to come along with a couple dollars, but its still your clay pot. Same goes for hair pie. This yound lady likes to put hers on presentation and have other guys use it, and she gets paid for it because even more guys want to watch it and fake itís them using it. Now a video game company wants to feature her in their game, and give her money for it. Would you say no if you were her?

I can empathize with this young lady because I feel as though I am a lesbian stuck inside a man's body. And if I were female I would be the biggest whore the world has ever known. I wouldn't even charge money I like sex with strangers so much (or used to, since marriage has put an end to that).

Now, family values would be setting values for your family. No one makes anyone buy games with porn stars in them. In fact, porn stars wouldnít be porn stars if no one bought porn. So, the porn buyer, which crosses over with this games demographic Iím guessing, is the real reason this slut is in the game now. If you donít want smut in your house donít buy it. But it would be tyrannical to say other people shouldnít be able to buy porn, star in a porn film, or buy a game with porn stars in it.

And I would even go a step further and say Family Values includes not allowing your kids lay any video games or watch any TV. Sports, homework, cleaning, fetching things, and reading are what kids in families with values engage in. Or is that just my opinion? The government, in the US at least, already tied parents hands when it comes to raising their children, do you really want parentís hands tied tighter? Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose.

"The trouble today is that we have too many laws." —John Garner, US Vice-President, 1932
"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus, Roman historian
"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." —H. L. Mencken

"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things *I* think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other's people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." - Tony Lawrence
roqua is offline

roqua

roqua's Avatar
Sentinel

#21

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 474

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 04:22
I had no idea who she was, doesn't matter she is cute and having a cute girl as Heroin in a video game, well lets see geeez that's never happened.

Sio what's the premise of concern, omg childern might find out men trick and lure vulnerable and many mistreated women into terrible situations and some break free we should abused them in public?

Damn those women how dare they, maybe we could burn them if we can't control our lust for them or they refuse our advances, that will teach them!

Does anyone bother checking the models previous history before buying a game?
Oh, only women are held to a higher standard and if not by choice we'll force them damn it!

Cormac
Thanks man, hows that farting problem?
You still under Restraing Order to keep away from the any public gatherings?
Acleacius is offline

Acleacius

SasqWatch

#22

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,498

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 05:01
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
Cormac
Thanks man, hows that farting problem?
I never said it was a problem. It's a Natural Act, based on Compasion and Understanding, it blends with all Cultures and therefor is Timeless. Unlike Revelation, it is not False and Inhumane, it does not Judge my Fellow Man and Woman. As One who has tried to Beleive in Humanity, and has Triumphantly Succeded, you Acleasius surely share this Understaing with Me, your Felloe Man.
Let us thenceforth fart faintlessly upon all Moral Men, and sweep off our beloved Mother Earth, Morality, its Parent Religion, Fear, Guilt, Manpulation, Enslavement of the Mind, and Inhumane Marketing Ploys !


"All you need is fart." - John Lennon
"80% of all American men and woman fart" - Alfred E. Kinsey
"Atlas Farted" - Ann Rand
"Farting is a Humanism" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Woman also Fart" - Simone de Beauvoir
"If you look unto your butthole, your butthole farts unto you" - Friedrich Nietzche
Cormac is offline

Cormac

Sentinel

#23

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 405

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 07:07
Wow, is this thread ever getting WEIRD!!!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#24

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,475
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 08:19
Fortunately for Ace, he'll never understand how badly Cormac schooled him just now. Damn.
abbaon is offline

abbaon

abbaon's Avatar
Daft as a daisy

#25

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 321

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 16:39
Originally Posted by roqua View Post
I'm guessing she got dragged in because she wants money and they want more sales.
1. She really doesn't need our money, I can tell you. We contacted her because she is beautiful, famous and she comes from our region and she wanted to help us.

2. I beg your pardons for naming her a slut. She is a nude model. Well, she made few movies with women but she's not a porn star. And I must say, that when I spoke to her, she behaved like a lady. She surprised us all. On the other hand, you can easily meet a "puritan girl" behaving like a bitch.

I don't know, I have always had a weakness for stripper and hooker characters in movies and comic books.

3. And I must remind you once more that we DO NOT bring porn into our game. You'll see none if you buy the game with that hope.

Cypron Imp

Guest

#26

Posts: n/a

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 16:55
We have also befriended her because we didn't want what others want from her :-p We tried to treat her as a lady.

Cypron Imp

Guest

#27

Posts: n/a

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 17:17
As a woman, this thread makes me laugh. I find nothing offensive about a 'porn' star being used in a game, I have to say, hehe. But then again, I actually like my characters strutting around in chainmail bikinis I like playing empowered women, and the main character does seem to fit in this category.

Anyway, this argument led me to download the demo, I never heard of the game before. I was only going to have an half-an-hour long look before firing up WoW, but I've been playing it for 2 hours now
It looks great (okay, it is't Half life 2, but who cares, it looks pretty, almost like a waterpainting) and the gameplay is fun. And this comes from someone who hates turn-based.

So, is this game for sale in the shops, or download only?
Sorcha Ravenlock is offline

Sorcha Ravenlock

Sorcha Ravenlock's Avatar
Sentinel

#28

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 250

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 17:45
Sorcha

Irish girl? Ha! I think you like the game because there is a lot of green in it

I think the english version can only be dowloaded. We prepare SE with Kyla for store sale but it's not finished yet.

As for empowered females dressed in chain-mail bikini, I've just finished watching old Red Sonja movie. Although most of the people think it's a scrap I think it's a fantasy classic with something what nowaday's movies can't offer. You know, old fantasy movies are like wine… I think Red Sonja must definitely match you prefference

Cypron Imp

Guest

#29

Posts: n/a

Default 

December 11th, 2006, 18:00
hehe, yes, Red Sonja, Xena, and Lara oft for that matter are the kind of girls I'm talking about

And yes, I live in Ireland.

I'll wait for the SE version then, I've got several other RPGs sitting on my PC at the moment, so I can wait. The game is a pleasant suprise though, I really like it
Sorcha Ravenlock is offline

Sorcha Ravenlock

Sorcha Ravenlock's Avatar
Sentinel

#30

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 250

Default 

December 12th, 2006, 01:30
Cormac
Nay I say, as it erodes the very humanity we are trying to protect!
Yet I say, as we stand united against the fatuous indignation and only through olfactory neutralization can we persevere.

As legends have foretold many countless times, though fear and self-righteous judgment those whom attempt to fuse the evil vibrations upon the harmony of peace loving people every release causes untold hardships and suffering.

The initial catastrophic reaction is a passing moment of selfish perception, its very essence seeps though all known threads of life and death.

Timeless are the effects felt beyond any generation it’s the compassion and understanding that are the first to suffer from the noxious recourse.

Therefore, let’s unite not with actions when our fortunes are foretold with victory of linguistic fusion and our spirit shall prevail

"Farting causes weight loss." -Atkins Diet Book 666.
“Fart fairly or don’t at all” –The Confucius.
“Farts smell sweet for 900 years, they do.” –Yoda.

abbaon
The mirror is cracked yet strangely clear.
Acleacius is offline

Acleacius

SasqWatch

#31

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,498

Default 

December 12th, 2006, 01:36
Originally Posted by Cypron Imp View Post
Sorcha

As for empowered females dressed in chain-mail bikini, I've just finished watching old Red Sonja movie. Although most of the people think it's a scrap I think it's a fantasy classic with something what nowaday's movies can't offer.
Great theme music by Basil Poledouris too… (humming it now)….
elkston is offline

elkston

Sentinel

#32

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 347

Default 

December 12th, 2006, 01:48
Sorcha, I wrote a detailed review for the game a few months ago when it was first released. I'm not sure if it has been shifted over from the Dot, but if not, you can check it out there!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#33

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,475
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

December 12th, 2006, 07:01
Its a very good review too, Sorcha and got me intrested in Gods, though I have experienced trouble with the demo.
Now stuck without being able to Alt-Tab out, not crashing but won't restore after going to the desktop, though others mentioned they didn't have this problem.

Cypron Imp
"Well, she made few movies with women but she's not a porn star. "

Thanks alot man, now I won't be able to sleep and if I do I doubt I will be having purtian dreams!
Acleacius is offline

Acleacius

SasqWatch

#34

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,498

Default 

December 12th, 2006, 09:38
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Sorcha, I wrote a detailed review for the game a few months ago when it was first released. I'm not sure if it has been shifted over from the Dot, but if not, you can check it out there!!

Ah, I will look it up. I found 1 review somewhere, but after 5 paragraphs complaining about the graphics (seriously, who cares that much about graphics?) the review lost it's credability with me. Obviously the reviewer and I have different views on what is important in gaming.

As I said, I really like the DEMO, and am looking forward to the release of the SE
Sorcha Ravenlock is offline

Sorcha Ravenlock

Sorcha Ravenlock's Avatar
Sentinel

#35

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 250
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gods - LoI - Kyla Cole Wallpapers @ Official Site
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:19.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch