|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Default Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

October 18th, 2006, 11:14
mmmm the word "views" is quiet strange, is it the amount of topics or the times that forum has been watched? because the word points at my second options while it seems to be more liek the first one.
just find it a bit confusing at times

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

October 18th, 2006, 16:12
The 80 x 80 and <10kB stopped me for a bit - but most image progs should be able to strip colors and/or compress further … I ended up at 1kB, which told me that the limit was a good idea.

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 18th, 2006, 16:49
*grunt*

I keep having to log in. Is this normal?
I log in, click on "User CP" and have to log in again. So I log in again, go to "Options", customize those, press "save", and I have to log in once more!

Rather frustrating. And no, I have not checked "remember me".

wiretripped

Machiavellian

October 18th, 2006, 18:54
By not checking the "remember me" thing you are not receiveing a cooky for the session, that should be easy to fix. If you check it you won't have to log in again, that would make things easier.

Briosafreak

SasqWatch

October 18th, 2006, 19:06
Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
Yet another enquiry: when commenting on news, would it be possible to have the news itself appear in a separate field above the comment filed? Just like the way it was on RPGdot.
You mean, when a first comment is created? Yep, that would be nice, as would be a quick reply box for unregistered users.

Originally Posted by titus View Post
mmmm the word "views" is quiet strange, is it the amount of topics or the times that forum has been watched? because the word points at my second options while it seems to be more liek the first one.
Views seems to be vBulletin's way of counting the amount of times a forum has been "viewed" = "watched". You'll just have to get used to it.

Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
I keep having to log in. Is this normal?
I log in, click on "User CP" and have to log in again. So I log in again, go to "Options", customize those, press "save", and I have to log in once more!
No, that's not normal. Which browser are you using?

Using "remember me" or not shouldn't matter, because you'll receive a cookie anyway. So, first thing to do is make sure cookies are allowed for rpgwatch.com. Next thing you could try is checking if there are cookies for rpgwatch.com stored in your browser and delete them.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 00:30
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Using "remember me" or not shouldn't matter, because you'll receive a cookie anyway. So, first thing to do is make sure cookies are allowed for rpgwatch.com. Next thing you could try is checking if there are cookies for rpgwatch.com stored in your browser and delete them.
I had the problem with both IE and Mozilla Firefox, though only when I try to access the website from work. Here at home I have no problem. Could it be the firewall that somehow blocks the cookies?

wiretripped

Machiavellian

October 19th, 2006, 00:31
Light style "bug": When you click on a forum poster's name to get the popup menu "View Public Profile…" the hover text color and background are the same color (white on white), so you can't read the selected text. That's when you hover over the text. When you only hover over the cell and not the text, it's okay (gray background and white text).

garvity

Traveler

October 19th, 2006, 00:45
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
I had the problem with both IE and Mozilla Firefox, though only when I try to access the website from work. Here at home I have no problem. Could it be the firewall that somehow blocks the cookies?
Probably. It sounds a lot like overzealous security settings. If you can't change those on your own, I'm not sure how to make it work…

Originally Posted by garvity View Post
Light style "bug": When you click on a forum poster's name to get the popup menu "View Public Profile…" the hover text color and background are the same color (white on white)
Putting that on the list. Those popup menus haven't been adjusted yet to the custom styles.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 04:02
On the main site, The News Drop Down menu link for "All MMO News" has the wrong link. It goes to the RPG News page: ?rwsiteid=1 instead of ?rwsiteid=2.

(The same menu link is working correctly on the forum pages.)

garvity

Traveler

October 19th, 2006, 04:22
Fixed. It's amazing how many details can go wrong when you're copying and pasting all the time.

Dark Lapis Style update: I've changed a few things, still not 100% happy with it, but it should be more legible than before. You might have to shift-reload the site for the changes to take effect.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 05:27
My gripe is fixed. Well done as always, Arhu!

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 19th, 2006, 07:37
I agree, numbers, names ect are all much easier to read now. You are the best as Dte said.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

October 19th, 2006, 11:03
When a thread has multiple pages (I know you can set the number of post per page, but I noticed it when I was still logged out), there are no "go to last page" and "go to first page" buttons.

"Who are we to call this planet Earth, when it's clearly Ocean."

Sem

Watchdog

October 19th, 2006, 12:34
They will be there once there are 5 pages or more I believe.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 16:10
Alright, thanks.
Although lazy people like me would already use such a button when there are three pages.

"Who are we to call this planet Earth, when it's clearly Ocean."

Sem

Watchdog

October 19th, 2006, 17:51
Don't know if it would be considered a bug, but when you put up a post, your post sets the flag for "new posts in thread" even if you view it after typing it in. I keep checking to see if there's been a "simul-post" only to find it's mine.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 19th, 2006, 18:41
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Don't know if it would be considered a bug, but when you put up a post, your post sets the flag for "new posts in thread" even if you view it after typing it in. I keep checking to see if there's been a "simul-post" only to find it's mine.
I think that is currently a 'feature' I see it as well.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 19th, 2006, 21:13
News comments are shown in the wrong order. I activated "latest on top" in the options.

- bottom: first reader comment
- 2nd: the newsbit
- 3rd, etc.: more comments.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 21:15
After I posted an answer the thread is reloaded to include my new post. Itīs not marked as "read" though, so when I reload the thread list itīs still "unread".

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 19th, 2006, 22:30
Wrong order for "newest first" and the "quick reply not marked as read" things are most likely vBulletin bugs I have no idea how to fix. We'll have to wait for updates.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests