|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » HoMM 5: Hammers of Fate - Review @ Evil Avatar

Default HoMM 5: Hammers of Fate - Review @ Evil Avatar

January 17th, 2007, 02:01
A review of Heroes of Might & Magic V: Hammers of Fate can be found at Evil Avatar. The rating is 2/5 and the intro sets the tone:
There are two kinds of expansion packs in this world. The first adds new and interesting gameplay elements while simultaneously massaging away some of the poor design decisions in the base game. The second kind slaps on a handful of indistinct new features, most of which were probably removed from the original game in an effort to churn out a quick, cheap expansion pack. Guess which one Heroes of Might and Magic V: Hammers of Fate is?
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 17th, 2007, 02:01
I'm having a blast playing this expansion. Beautiful and more of the same, fine for me.

sealight4

Watcher

January 17th, 2007, 13:50
massaging away
Interesting choice of words.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 17th, 2007, 14:14
Almost all of the 'new' features in Hammers of Fate feel like they should have been included in the original game, and the single new faction just isn't fun or original enough to support an expansion pack.
That is what I've been hearing from a friend of mine who is a fan of Heroes.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

January 17th, 2007, 19:58
I returned my own game after reading the reviews. There are just so many good RPGs that spending time on bad ones doesnt feel justified.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

January 17th, 2007, 20:58
I've played it a bit. I agree the content looks like it was mostly left out of the original issue—but it does fill 3 game cd's. The price was a bit hefty, IMO. But it is an improvement and upgrade of the original release, and perhaps it's a bit much in this day and age to expect Ubi to release it all as free downloadable patch material.

@gothicgothicness
yes, "massaging away" the ills of a first game is quite a creative take—I think "rapidly downing a few shots of straight vodka" might express it equally well.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » HoMM 5: Hammers of Fate - Review @ Evil Avatar