|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Bill Roper Interview @ Gamespot

Default Hellgate London - Bill Roper Interview @ Gamespot

January 18th, 2007, 14:37
Gamespot is featuring an interview with Flagship Studios CEO and Founder Bill Roper. The interview focuses on the recent flap about MMO-style charges rumored to be coming down the pipe:
GameSpot: What are the plans for the multiplayer component of Hellgate: London? Will there be free multiplayer gameplay? Are there plans for some kind of subscription content? If so, what would be the difference between free and subscription multiplayer?
Bill Roper: We have always had the intention of providing rich, robust, massively multiplayer online gaming experiences for our players. This means that we will be providing everything from a secure client/server infrastructure to 24/7 customer support to maintaining a complete live team to provide not only balance and bug fixes, but more importantly, continuing, ongoing content updates to the game. And while we are still finalizing the commercial and game aspects of our online plans, we can tell players that there will definitely be significant free online play.
GS: Regardless of the multiplayer situation, you will be able to play Hellgate: London entirely as a single-player game, correct?
BR: Of course! This has never changed and has always been a key part of our design. We know that not everyone has the ability or desire to play with others or online. Just as with the Diablo series, we have created a complete single-player experience whose longevity of gameplay benefits from all of the randomization, rarity, and customization you'd expect from us.
More information.

Kalia

Watchdog

Send a message via ICQ to Kalia Send a message via AIM to Kalia Send a message via MSN to Kalia Send a message via Yahoo to Kalia

January 18th, 2007, 14:37
Oh great a MMO-centric game with token single player full of five thousand randomized iterations of a few tilesets. You know it's going to be a winner. This will probably be another boring single player game like Dungeon Siege was.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

January 18th, 2007, 19:03
Nope. It will probably be even more boring .

Moriendor

Spielkind

January 18th, 2007, 19:25
Do they give classes somewhere in how to talk like this? At least he didn't use the words "epic" or "immersive'.

I refuse to condemn this game til I play it, tho. I really want it to be good. I have overcome my dismay at the FPS elements, and am holding on to a glimmer of hope that single-player will at least be fun.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

January 18th, 2007, 20:21
They pretty well said that all new (and better) content would be exclusive to MP. I was getting pretty excited until that revelation. I'll still keep an ear open for reviews, though, because it sounded like a great game up until then.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

January 18th, 2007, 20:22
I hope they make it a really good shooter at its' core, because at least that will ameliorate whatever RPG-lite issues there are … and we can just have a fun action game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Bill Roper Interview @ Gamespot