|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Interview @ Shacknews

Default Bethesda Softworks - Interview @ Shacknews

February 12th, 2007, 09:34
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
@KasperFauerby
The TES series were brilliant RPGs until Oblivion because they unquestionably dumbed-down the game (not "streamlined" as they so often strenuously claim)
Oblivion is a GOOD game. But dear God, the hype is ridiculous and the accolades it garners borders on the ludicrous.
Ok, seems like we pretty much agree then after all I thought you were bashing the TES series as a whole.. We can easily agree that Oblivion was hyped beyond all reason - and it annoys me that some reviewers claim Oblivion is the perfect game with no flaws whatsoever, and then later slaughters a game like Gothic 3, for example.

KasperFauerby

Sentinel

February 13th, 2007, 02:42
Bashing the TES series would be RPG blasphemy! Although I've never played all of them much, I can recognise a stellar RPG series from what little I played The longest TES game i played was Morrowind ,for about 10 hours, before the combat system finally frustrated me enough to quit playing. Nonetheless, it is an excellent game.

I'm sure everyone recognises the fact that the TES series WERE excellent. Which is why the latest in the series disappoints so much.

I was so damn excited over the damn thing pre release- I checked the forums everyday many times. Near the release, I started to get annoyed with some aspects of the game design reveled through developer interviews (quest compass, level scaling) And when the game was finally out and I played it, I was crushed with disappointment.

And oh, how Bethesda exaggerated and outright lied about many things…

Now if only somebody made a Morrowind mod with Oblivion, life would be sweet again…

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Interview @ Shacknews