|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vampire World - Mayhem Unveils New Name

Default Vampire World - Mayhem Unveils New Name

March 9th, 2007, 13:10
A name-change has brought Vampire World to our attention, indicating that the previous title of Vampire Story was indeed easily confused with the unrelated adventure title A Vampyre Story.
Vampire World is Mayhem's latest title (Neverend, Shadowvault, Empire of Magic) and here is the description from their site:
The city lies down to sleep while somewhere in the middle of an old dockyard a man's life fades away. Ivan, one of the most skilled vampire hunters, is dead. The night is damp and chilly as the investigation begins. None of the Nosferatu clans claims responsibility for the attack and what's even worse, strange things start to happen.
Genre:
Vampire World is a role-playing game with some adventure-like elements that will charm you with its dark atmosphere of old docks where a mysterious clan of vampires rages free.
Locations:
Storyline will take the player to four different locations: abandoned docks, lighthouse district, old factory and a merchant ship. The graphics is stylized in a way that the player will be engulfed in the dark yet rich atmosphere.
Game system:
  • Full 3D display with the camera placed behind the character
  • ATBS (active time battle system) adding dynamics to combat as well as the possibility to use a lot of hits, blows, weapons and special combos. (Similar system is used for example in the Final Fantasy series)
  • The possibility to create your own spells using the rune system
  • A lot of adventure-like items and non-linear dialogue branching
  • Character development through the improvement of skills and abilities
…and this announcement:
In order to avoid any misunderstandings concerning the name "Vampire Story" - since there is another computer game from a different company titled "A Vampyre Story" - we have decided to change the name of the project to "Wampire World" thus easing this situation for our business partners and customers.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 9th, 2007, 13:10
Looks pretty good, although i'd like to know how much of an RPG it is, the screenshots show mostly the combat.

slak

Traveler

March 9th, 2007, 14:55
finally a new vampire rpg
yeah, let's hope it can be as creepy as VTM: the bloodlines

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

March 9th, 2007, 16:26
Hmmm, from the available info (and screenshots), I don't think we'll be seeing anything near the complexity or depth of Bloodlines. Not that it couldn't be a fun game regardless.

As a side note: RIP Troika.

mogwins

Sentinel

March 9th, 2007, 19:56
"Vampire World" ?

First sponaneous thought : "A world full of Vampires ? Entirely ? Do they suck blood from one another when there's no-one else but Vampires anymore ?"

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 9th, 2007, 21:01
Don't get your hopes up too much at this point…Mayhe,m has yet to get a game right. By most accounts, Neverend was OK, which is a forward step…but Shadowvault and Empire of Magic were both disasters. We might try to organise an interview or something.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 9th, 2007, 21:22
@Dhruin-which version of neverend did you play? the north-america or u.k. version. shadowvault didn't even run on my rig or any other 6000's series apparently. they do have spunk though so heres to hoping. i like adventure rpg's so it has and will stay on my radar thanks for the news.

curious

liberty or license

March 10th, 2007, 03:42
I didn't get around to playing it - I was suspicious of Mayhem and the early reviews were poor. A few people have said it ended up decent but I haven't gotten around to buying it.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 10th, 2007, 06:49
I am intrested but hesitant for both titles, too bad more reviewers dont do after patch updates to their reviews, which is actually weird now I think about since it would bring more readership to each piece.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

March 10th, 2007, 07:40
Similar system is used for example in the Final Fantasy series…

Lost me right there.

User NameXX

Banned

March 10th, 2007, 13:24
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
Similar system is used for example in the Final Fantasy series…

Lost me right there.
Well, on the plus side that could mean that combat won't be a complete real-time hackfest.

Mana Garmr

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vampire World - Mayhem Unveils New Name