|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - Preview @ ActionTrip

Default Fable 2 - Preview @ ActionTrip

March 18th, 2007, 14:39
ActionTrip has a preview of Fable 2, presumably based on GDC material:
In light of Molyneux's apparent resolve to embody Fable into a semi life-sim, the sequel is meant to advance in that very direction. Apart from being able to come home and be welcomed by one's family, the player may look forward to having a rather loyal companion by his side at all times. Of course, Peter M. articulated this particular facet a number of times, so I'm sure most of you know it by now. As part of the new experience, your new canine companion will faithfully stick close no matter what. The dog becomes a trustworthy sidekick very early on in the game; during your childhood, in fact. Similarly to your avatar, the dog represents the very reflection of your actions. Its appearance alters according to the important moral choices made throughout the course of your adventures. Being evil and ruthless will, most likely, leave you with a serious-looking pet Doberman, whereas following the path of righteousness might result in having a cuddly and fluffy mutt (the kind that suits your benevolent character).
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2007, 14:39
The dog feature seems a bit gimicky.

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

March 18th, 2007, 16:06
I don't like the fact that it sounds more and more like "The Sims RPG"..

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 18th, 2007, 17:08
I find it pretty interesting. i am anxious to see whether more sim elements mean more realism or joy to a crpg.

fridi

Traveler

March 19th, 2007, 22:32
Can someone clearly explain to my why people take this jackass seriously? Imo, everything comes out of his trap is a pure shit. How the hell did he make such a sweetheart deal with MS?

User NameXX

Banned

March 19th, 2007, 22:53
Most people still remember him for Populous and I suspect are willing to give some slack for it. I don't share that nostalgia and frankly, haven't found much reason to be interested in anything he has to say or do. As always I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but am not counting on it.

Role-Player

Watchdog

March 20th, 2007, 12:48
I am just glad it isn't initially coming for PC, so we'll have some time to get a reality check

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 20th, 2007, 16:14
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
The dog feature seems a bit gimicky.
Unfortunately at some point in his career Molyneux decided that Tamagotchi represented the acme of game design. Slapping a giant ape repeatedly until it learned not to eat its own crap was ten wasted minutes of my gaming life Iíll never get backÖ

Originally Posted by fridi View Post
i am anxious to see whether more sim elements mean more realism or joy to a crpg.
Window dressing requires a window, so in this instance the answer is no. Fable 2 will allow us to get tattoos, a haircut, married, have kids, a pet, a name change, a home, a personal organiser, and a cuddly toy. Obviously this will divert development time from 'non-essential' RPG elements like deep branching dialogues, a rich skill tree, non-linear exploration and actual meaningful choices.

MudsAnimalFriend

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - Preview @ ActionTrip