VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial v3.4 Patch

their like backgrounds in other games. they give a short little history and some are clan, gender specific. there are approx 2 dozen if i recall and they alter your starting stats slightly. theres some really hilariously named ones too. found a list after some searching.
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=95231
personally though i would recommend waiting 'til after the first playthrough before installing the unofficial patches. there is a way to add the histories in without the patches but it is apparently buggy. if any game warrants multiple playthroughs though it is this game.

an easier to read/navigate link that i just realized i had opened
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/vtmb/download.html?sid=6152425

Last edited:
Thanks curious, I'm looking forward to playing Bloodlines in the future. You've helped me decide to just go with the official patch.

Elwro
"Some of the changes I didn't like were e.g. rebranding of weapons (why?) and adding / removing them from certain areas."

As I said list specifics and I wll be glad to tell you whati know. :)

Ok so let me get this strait, your upset becasue some weapons got moved or the name was changed and this somehow makes the game, not as Trokia intended?

You realised Trokia didn't have time to finsih the game, right?
They were in a crunch from hell, trying to rush the game out of the door for activison's bullshit schedule.

"I just remembered one thing."

Removed any spoilers in case JDR13 looks, hehe. ;)

Ok first place you don't tell the ***** to leave town and to the best of my memory there was not a Masqurade hit for tricking *** to leave town and why would there be?
I would really like to know which VtM rule says tricking a bad ***** to leave town to Stop a possible threat to the Masqurade is casue for a hit?

Second, your more than welcome to kill the ***** if you wish.

Third, do you think Trokia had time to implement the Masqurade and Humanity hits and bonuses in the crunch?

Fourth, list a Masqurade or Humanity hit or bonus which is not backed up by the VtM rules or a clearly intended Trokia design.

Hehe and like you if I am mistaken about this I appoligies too. :)
If you are absolutly sure I will try to find a copy of *att*ies orginal dialogue but at his point I am not even sure which rule you are appling which would make Not getting a Masqurade hit , incorrect. :)

Btw I am not saying the Unofficial patch is perfect. :)

Acleacius- upholding the masquerade is oftentimes strict so forcing someone out of town and them agreeing isn't a finite conclusion to that story. he could have the urge to return home and then have another problem on your hand. so why someone agreeing to skip town is the more noble route, which i followed, it is embracing your remaining humanity rather than upholding and protecting the masquerade at all costs. thats part of what i love about the game; all the different ways you can meander along that line. also even if you don't kill him you can still get the same reward from the quest giver if i recall. so i really don't see why a change was made.

quest rewards and penalties probably didn't take the developers more than a few minutes to implement so any agruement about a lack of time seems foolish to me. it is possible though in the case of the catiff that if they had more time they 'might' have had him show up later in the story had you decide to let him go, possibly in a way analagous to heather. good choices sometimes result in bad consequences. i applaud trokia for throwing out this realistic depiction that is not to common in games.

Acleacius-

from the 1.6 changelog: "Re-branded Uzi, Mac 10, Glock 17c, Ithaca and both Remingtons guns." And this is aside from good changes I have no qualms with. It's just that when I see something like this I start to wonder if you guys don't e.g. rename some NPCs just for fun :) I can't think of any reason to rebrand the weapons, especially since fictional names give the developers the possibility of giving the weapons fictional parameters.

And as for the ****, I'm not quoting any rule for Masquerade, I'm just trying to use common sense here :) Letting him live is an obvious threat to the Masquerade.
When I saw this change, I thought you guys didn't want the player to face proper (and intended by the developers) consequences of his actions.

I hope such stuff was limited to the first few patch versions and from then on you focused on bugs. Good work and keep doing it instead of wasting your time on forums :)

OK, sorry for forum necromancy here, but I've installed the game today, played a bit, installed the 3.5 patch on top of the 1.2 patch and... I can't feed on anyone. I always fail, and often get the "Criminal Violation" message. Am I doing something wrong? I Ctrl-Fed "feed" in patch notes for all patch versions and found nothing, so I think nothing has officially changed regarding this option...

Back
Top Bottom