|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm - Review @ Eurogamer

Default SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm - Review @ Eurogamer

April 16th, 2007, 19:09
Eurogamer has the first English review of Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm that we've noticed. The text is generally positive although there are no exciting additions, so the result is a "palatable" 6/10:
If you've played through the SpellForce series, you'll know that SpellForce 2 pushed the game more towards the RPG elements and away from the RTS base-building (without abandoning the latter completely). Dragon Storm pushes even further in this direction, often presenting you with maps which are tackled by your small party of heroes as opposed to an army of troops. When bases are involved they're largely pre-constructed, and the game takes a completely different tack on army building in some missions. For example, the aforementioned General Redmond's problem this time around is that his troops are besieged and starving. If you can get food to him, some of his men will recover their strength and fight for you, and there are two different ways to acquire the necessary rations to bolster your ranks - take to the wilds and hunt game, or raid an enemy supply convoy.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 16th, 2007, 19:09
A 6 out of 10 is to low in my opinion.

The addon is more on the the rpg-side than on the rts-side, but a good story ist told with many intersting side-quests. It's 8/10 in my book.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 17th, 2007, 23:07
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
A 6 out of 10 is to low in my opinion.

The addon is more on the the rpg-side than on the rts-side, but a good story ist told with many intersting side-quests. It's 8/10 in my book.
German version of Eurogamer(.de) has it this way:
http://www.eurogamer.de/article.php?article_id=75258

StillUnregistered

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » SpellForce 2: Dragon Storm - Review @ Eurogamer