|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: The Broken Hourglass Diary #1

Default RPGWatch Feature: The Broken Hourglass Diary #1

April 20th, 2007, 23:36
The Broken Hourglass is one of the promising indie titles expected this year that we've been keeping a close eye on. Planewalker's Jason Compton offered to write a diary series for RPGWatch and this first entry is titled The Dangers of "What You Asked For":
I have always considered myself to be a "good asker." As a student, I was never shy about raising my hand (or not) and asking questions during class. As an adult, I am not ashamed to admit I need help and not afraid to impose upon others to get it. Being a good asker, overall, has served me well as an independent RPG producer, a role in which I frequently have to ask for things to be done faster, better, and for less money than the providers would otherwise be inclined to deliver them.
Read on
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2007, 23:36
Interesting diary. DO all the people that work at Planewalker game live near each other? Or close enough to have in person meetings? I figured they were spread out like Irontower, or even more so seeing as they started off with the BG2 mods, right? But I remember his saying at his phone interview that he sat down with the guy hat made the engine.

roqua

Sentinel

April 21st, 2007, 00:33
I have no idea. They have worked together for a long time.

As always, Jason has a relaxed turn of phrase that I find easy to read, so I'm looking forward to TBH.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 21st, 2007, 00:38
I'm also looking forward to this game and it's good to see this series of articles on the Watch.

Cormac

Sentinel

April 21st, 2007, 02:04
I think the articles are a great idea to build interest in the game. Well done Jason, an easy and enjoyable read!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

April 22nd, 2007, 03:19
Originally Posted by roqua View Post
I remember his saying at his phone interview that he sat down with the guy hat made the engine.
Figure of speech. Although I have met Wes in person, when we had the big "Can We Do This?" talk I think I was pacing around my dining room.

Although I have met some of the people working on the game in person at least once, many of the contractors on the game live in distant countries.

The Broken Hourglass, a new CRPG under development at Planewalker Games.

jcompton

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: The Broken Hourglass Diary #1