|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Adam Miller's Dark Waters

Default Adam Miller's Dark Waters

April 12th, 2007, 18:13
Well,

It's usually not my thing to advertise other peoples modules, but I guess I can make an exception on this one. For all those who are interested - Adam Miller's Dark Waters is about to be released… well the first part of it anyway. Adam Miller has made himself quite a name in the NWN scene - I haven't played any of his modules yet, but some of them got pretty amazing scores on the Vault, and also got into the Hall of Fame if I remember right. Anyway, Dark Waters seems to be some pirate-themed modul for NWN 2 - and yeah, I admit it, I just can't resist pirates…

The module will be released today or tommorow, depending where in the world you live. Just check http://nwvault.ign.com/ and see for yourself if it's already there to download. It's not up as I'm typing it, but going there is still worth it since they got from fairly impressive videos up showing all kinds of stuff from Dark Waters.

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

April 13th, 2007, 01:00
Thanks, but is it MP? They are the only mods I play!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

April 14th, 2007, 10:47
Thanks, I'll give it a try right away.

Danicek

Sentinel

April 14th, 2007, 12:21
The answer is yes - well 1 to 4 players. Adam Miller's NWN stuff was among the best that I played (single player) with some interesting usage of the NWN tools. I remember playing the Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher campaigns which were excellent. They were worth their scores.

SleepingDog

Watcher

April 14th, 2007, 14:27
Yep, I've set it as our next online campaign!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

May 11th, 2007, 10:06
No. This module is not very playable as MP. The story is driven by interaction with your NPC's, Heather and Daniel. Playing the mod MP prevents a lot of events from starting and the module is virtually unplayable.

The module works well in SP, though. There is not a lot of H&S. The focus is on the story. There are some bugs in the mod that could be show shoppers. It's nice Adam Miller has put an item in your inventory that can be set in debug mode so you can advance to any part of the mod you want. I had to use it twice to finish the mod because some scripts didn't retrigger. E. g. when you encounter something the first time you HAVE TO make sure you make the action that will advance the story. If not the script won't retrigger.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Adam Miller's Dark Waters