|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » X3: Reunion… finally.

Default X3: Reunion… finally.

June 26th, 2007, 17:17
@bjon: Thanks for the tip. I know I can give commands to my Mercury while I'm in my Buster, but I haven't been able to actually trade with it. I'm just not understanding something right I guess.
Anyway, I appreciate the tip about the energy cells and Ore, I'm in Cloudbase SW right now, so I'm practically right on top of the Ore Belt… I'll give it a go..

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

June 26th, 2007, 17:47
You need the trading extension mk1 software to be installed. When you buy a mercury it should come with it - however I can't recall if the one you get at the start of the game has it or not. You might have to buy it at a trading station.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

June 26th, 2007, 20:18
Okay, not sure if I have that or not. Maybe that's the problem. I'll check. Thanks

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

July 1st, 2007, 22:45
I've got X1 and X2 on CD here … was a Bonus of gaming magazines …

What do you think about X1 (aka simply X) ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 2nd, 2007, 14:33
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
What do you think about X1 (aka simply X) ?
My exposure to the X universe started with the X Gold containing X: Beyond the Frontier and X-Tension. After trying X-Tension there really was no point in going back to X: BTF, and the same principle can be applied to every iteration of the series: the latest is the greatest in terms of features. Each game in the series is rendered redundant by the next. Ok, the storylines are different in X: BTF, X2 and X3 (X-Tension is pure sandbox) but storytelling isn't the series' strong point - the X games are all about sandbox play.

MudsAnimalFriend

Watchdog

July 2nd, 2007, 16:39
I shelved the game for 1 BUG.
I can't save any game.
Is there a way to do it?

I start the game, play the first mission, land on a station, save the game and…..
When I try to reload or quit and restart the game, there's no save game to load.

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Any hint about where to start to play?

Gragnak

Black Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Gragnak

July 2nd, 2007, 17:15
Gragnak: I think your save games might be there, you're just not seeing them….

And forgive me if I'm totally wrong, 'cause if I am, this solution will probably insult you due to its simplicity

There are a certain number of save slots, and they fill up from bottom to top. The first several saves you make will not show up on screen, you have to scroll down to get them. The scroll feature does not support joystick or mouse wheel control. You can scroll down using your keyboard arrow keys. Once you get to the bottom of the slot list you will probably see your games there. Select one by pressing 'enter'.

If that isn't the problem then I don't know what to tell you..
Oh, you could check your My Docs folder to make sure there is a folder in there labeled 'Egosoft'. That's where the save games and screenshots are kept.

I'm not the one to ask regarding play strategy. I've been so busy I haven't had time to turn on the game in several days. Probably your best option is to visit here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

Hope this helps!

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

July 2nd, 2007, 17:53
No problem.
Thanks for your help.
I play with the mouse but dodn't look to the bottom of the save game menu.
Perhaps you are right and I could have better searched the solution.

Tonight I'll try (now I'm at office).

Gragnak

Black Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Gragnak
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » X3: Reunion… finally.