|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Overlord - Interview @ GCM

Default Overlord - Interview @ GCM

July 7th, 2007, 02:21
Triumph Studios' Lennart Sas has been interviewed at Game Chronicles about Overlord:
GCM: The game seems to be story driven and possibly even a bit linear. What level of replayability will there be once gamers have finished the game the first time?
LS: The game starts out linear, but when it gets underway you can visit multiple domains from your tower and have multiple quests and story branches going on at once.
Corruption has an effect on how the game plays. More experienced players will find a challenge in playing the game 0% corrupted – imagine trying to contain the enthusiasm of 50 maniacal minions! Or you might try and a accomplish 100% corruption and find every corrupt act to do in the game
Next to Single Player there is also head to head multi-player using three game modes.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 7th, 2007, 02:23
It's kind of fun at first, but if you want a case study on what the console gaming industry has done to 'dumb down' PC games, play this. There is absolutely NO challenge whatsoever to this game, in fact about 10 hours into it I asked myself "Is there any way to die?"

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

July 8th, 2007, 20:37
Uh oh, that's not a good sign. I need to be able to die!

I'll still buy it when I see it, but I'm not expecting much more than a fun kinda romp with it, no real challenge. Nice game to beat over a boring weekend

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

July 8th, 2007, 23:41
This game has some serious style, excellent graphics, great sense of humor. It just doesn't have any substance, IMO.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

July 9th, 2007, 10:32
Try keeping your minions alive and there is plenty of challenge. Further on into the game there are several instant kill scenarios as well … then again it could be that either I'm a lousy gamer or Sir Markus is just too good for the general public.

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

July 11th, 2007, 11:31
The challenge is, to keep the one minion with Melvins crown and the one with the fork alive until the end of the game. Beware Flamethrowers, Frogs and this rolling Stone monsters - because they kill your minions with a single attack.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Keeper of the Watch

July 11th, 2007, 12:49
This game is on sale right now for only $27.90 at GoGamer for anyone who's interested.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Overlord - Interview @ GCM