|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mordor: Return to Dejenol - Website Update

Default Mordor: Return to Dejenol - Website Update

July 19th, 2007, 08:06
Sandy dropped us a line about an indie freeware game I wasn't aware of - Mordor: Return to Dejenol. There isn't a huge amount of information at the site (and no screens I could see) but it looks like Firestorm Productions is trying to create a sequel to David Allen's Mordor: The Depth's of Dejenel. I haven't played Depths but I assume it fits in with Allen's Demise stuff (before he started the ill-fated Horizons MMORPG). If I've got this wrong, drop a line in the comments.
So, Firestorm has put up a development progress page and we'll try to keep an eye on this in future.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 19th, 2007, 08:06
There's another remake of Mordor in progress, it can be found at:
http://www.mordor.uni.cc/index.php?t…P:_Information
This one looks to be a bit further along in the process.

andur

Traveler

July 20th, 2007, 04:44
Is horizons Ill fated? It seems to be going according to Wikipedia. Google warns you not to go to the website because of potential spyware/virusi.

Lucky Day

Daywatch

July 20th, 2007, 05:47
I think so. Allen had a bitter battle with David Bowman who essentially wrested control, ousted Allen and — according to Allen — preceeded to release a game that was a poor shadow of his initial plans. Artifact then became insolvent and Tulga took over Horizons. Sounds lile a sorry tale to me, even if the game is still going.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 23rd, 2007, 07:24
I played that a while ago, and it's 'hack' type of game, but if that's your thing, Mordor is outstanding.

Sir Markus

Keeper of the Watch

July 23rd, 2007, 11:52
I remember when original Horizons had a complete media blackout — website vanished overnight, all contact lost — and then reappeared with a GUTTED design due to that idiot David Bowman. I am still disappointed, as I was then… Original Horizons design was very good mainly because Allen took the time and researched WHAT MMO PLAYERS WANTED in an online game and designing the game design around that. However, David Bowman raped the design into a lame, stupid MMORPG total failure that it has become. Nobody sane still plays Horizons. Because it was a gutted game. I hate David Bowman, I hope he dies soon.

— this just in: I am probably not as retarded as previously assumed!

Ammon777

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mordor: Return to Dejenol - Website Update