Two Worlds

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
From the website:
Key Features
  • Offering a freedom of choice unseen in other Role Playing Games. The world literally comes to life as it immediately reacts to the player's actions and changes accordingly -offering new and exciting challenges.
  • Strong, non-linear storyline. Players can shape their own story by choosing the path of conducting the main conflict and resolving meaningful side-quests.
  • Spectacular and dynamically choreographed fights. The combat system combines intuitive steering, tactical challenges and movie-like visual experiences.
  • Free and unlimited character development. Players can experiment with different careers and even reverse their former choices with the help of "career changers".
  • Animals to be ridden on. Players can travel and fight on various animals from horses to tamed lizards and beasts.
  • A choice of traps and snares are at the Player's disposal making the gameplay both rich and flexible.
  • Huge variety of items to be found. Randomly generated pieces of equipment, thematic sets and combined items offer the space to experiment and satisfy the need to collect.
  • Wide range of beautifully rendered terrains: from high mountains to seashores and deep caves with all of the locations featuring ultra sharp texturing and stunning design.
  • Hyper-realistic tree physics and sophisticated weather system make the world come to life as has never been seen before.
  • Advanced Artificial Intelligence that manages group behaviour of large virtual communities.
  • Up to 8 players in the multiplayer mode.
  • Symphonic music to make the experience more emotional and memorable.
  • Extensive usage of Pixel Shader 2.0 and 3.0, HDR, multiple materials and unique shadow engine to ensure the best visuals possible.
  • Support of Multi CPUs and Multicore CPUs, SLI and CrossFire Technology
Building Characters​
Two Worlds offers more character development than any of its competitors and at the same time makes it very easy to understand and navigate through the process. The class system serves to help novice players jump right into action, but does not limit the experimentation of a more seasoned RPG player. All characters can learn any skill and master them later. There is also a challenge for many guilds to keep their knowledge a secret. Players will have to earn their respect and trust to lay hands on the most powerful of skills. The separation of basic development from specialization encourages exploration of the game world - searching for opportunities to learn unique abilities and free character customization. Eventually, it also strengthens the bond between the player and their characters.

Characters advance quickly to reward players for their efforts. The whole process is also, always, reversible. There are characters, called "career changers" who are able to undo previous character development decisions and free certain amount of skill points to redistribute them again. The service is costly but ensures that nothing hinders the player's creativity.

Fighting​
The real time half-automatic combat in Two Worlds is very dynamic. Lavish visuals and stunning choreography make for exciting and memorable scenes and attract action-hungry players. The real power of combat, however, lies in its mechanics. Combat is very tactical in its core. The number of possible tactics should satisfy all RPG gamers - giving them the opportunity to test their skills and use their imagination.

The combat is organized in a sequence of actions. The basic ones are launched automatically (i.e. simple slash with the sword). However, special actions, skills, or items must be activated by players. The more challenging the opponent, the more skill and tactics it will require to outwit them, but at the same time it will be possible to face a stronger foe and win. Players will discover different ways to use and combine skills. They will seek for weak points in the opponent's defence and actively create situations to utilize this knowledge. They will set traps, hit and run, or just cut their way through hordes of weaker monsters.

Shaping the Story​
The huge story-creating capabilities in Two Worlds are ensured by unique modular structure. Players can create their own stories by choosing different options, initiating their own activities, changing sides, which will force the world to change. Having so much impact on the story is the key to creating a unique bond within the game world. This influence happens on two levels:
First, players participate in the main conflict, take up quests and push the plot forward. The innovation of Two Worlds is that players decide which side of a conflict they will support and whether they choose the light or dark path. Depending on those choices, the state of the world alters dramatically, introducing new, surprising and exciting challenges.
Secondly it is very important that players are not limited to working for only one faction at on time. They are free to experiment with different organizations and benefit from all of them. It is a part of fun to meet the seemingly mutually excluding requirements of different organizations in a way that they all will be happy and willing to reward you.

More information.

ok this game fucking sucks dick on a hot day!!!!!

the graphics are so bad my gramma looks better!!!!!!!

i didnt know skelatens had blood!!!!!!!!

the ppl talk like old japp movies!!!!!!!!

and its not fun at all it makes a good waist of 60$!!!!!!!!

i want to fuck my dog after playin that bitch fest!!!!!!

eat my dick south peek mother fuckers you guys suck more then 69 dose

Dude. You're like one happy camper, huh? :)

I think I've seen him at the Zuzzex forums ...

Gamespot re-reviewed the game and made up somkind of (new?) rating ive never seen before. Its a puzzle-image that says "better than the sum of its parts - the game is better than you think". The first review gave it 6.2 (?) while this one is 7.5 "Epic scale and depth of content make Two Worlds worthwhile.". If reviews from europe are counted then the average score is way above 8.

Last edited:
Been playing the 1.5 demo for a couple of hours and just got my first horse. Quick comment: the horse thing ROCKS! Fun approximation of riding a horse. Haven't tried combat on horseback yet, but love the fact that the controls change a bit to represent riding a horse rather than walking. Don't know why some have bitched about it. As for the rest of the game, finding it more and more comfortable and fun the longer I play. Couple of criticisms: I've seemed to power up really quickly. Granted, it's very satisfying to whoop the ass of the wolves and groms that killed me quickly early, but worried for the rest of the game that the dynamic changed from me on bottom to being clearly on top in about an hour's worth of play. The other thing is no strafe movement and moving back turns me around rather than backing up while facing the same direction. Definitely don't like that. And the other other thing is no walk mode.

. The other thing is no strafe movement and moving back turns me around rather than backing up while facing the same direction. Definitely don't like that.

That was a big complaint of mine as well. I wish there was some way to lock the camera in place so that it turned with you, similar to Gothic.

Been playing the 1.5 demo for a couple of hours and just got my first horse. Quick comment: the horse thing ROCKS! Fun approximation of riding a horse. Haven't tried combat on horseback yet, but love the fact that the controls change a bit to represent riding a horse rather than walking. Don't know why some have bitched about it.

My thoughts exactly. Its both fun and easy once you get hang of it. Those who complaing about it try to ride it like they walk the char.

As for the rest of the game, finding it more and more comfortable and fun the longer I play. Couple of criticisms: I've seemed to power up really quickly. Granted, it's very satisfying to whoop the ass of the wolves and groms that killed me quickly early, but worried for the rest of the game that the dynamic changed from me on bottom to being clearly on top in about an hour's worth of play.

Did you try the hard-level? I thought it was pretty challenging all the way through the demo.

The other thing is no strafe movement and moving back turns me around rather than backing up while facing the same direction. Definitely don't like that. And the other other thing is no walk mode.
That was a big complaint of mine as well.

Did you use the jump back button? "Q" iirc the "dodge" button. You can jump backwards (and keep facing the same direction) to dodge hits.

I think Two Worlds ver. 1.5 is simply outstanding. It starts to grow on you in a big way about 5 hours in. My main gripe is running up hills; it's like your guy is running through a vat of oatmeal. I like the old school large inventory icons and true drag and drop 'paper doll' system. Yes, it's Diablo in first person. But overall, this is an excellent, fun action/RPG. Oh and if XBox folks complain about the UI, TOUGH BEANS. The reason Oblivion was so lame was because Bethesda made the UI more tuned to the XBox. The UI for Two Worlds is clearly more tuned to the PC first, and Xbox second and that's a good thing IMO.

Last edited:
The reason Oblivion was so lame was because Bethesda made the UI more tuned to the XBox.

Disagree. It didn't scale particularly well at the higher PC resolutions but it was far from a game breaker in my opinion. You didn't really spend a lot of time using the interface anyway and when you had to scroll through stuff then it was at least very fast and you could just just zap through it basically thanks to excellent mouse wheel support (if it would have been a really bad console port then the mouse wheel wouldn't even have worked as is the case in many other poorly ported games that are suffering from real consolitis). This single issue has been blown way out of proportion by some people IMHO. I'd say that the sledgehammer level scaling of loot and enemies was far more tilting Oblivion towards the "lame" spectrum than the unoptimized UI though -overall- I still wouldn't call Oblivion a lame game. Had tons of fun with it actually and I'm looking forward to the Game of the Year edition (released next month) since I haven't played any of the expansions yet.

Well to each his own. I like large inventory icons and a true 'drag and drop' inventory system. The 'scaling' made it too easy. Oblivion had 'console port' written all over it, IMO. I didn't hate the game, but it was a little too 'consolized' for my tastes.

Well to each his own. I like large inventory icons and a true 'drag and drop' inventory system. The 'scaling' made it too easy. Oblivion had 'console port' written all over it, IMO. I didn't hate the game, but it was a little too 'consolized' for my tastes.

Hehe, maybe I'm just desensitized a little bit :) . I mean if you want real consolized "crap" then you should play some of UbiSoft's offerings some time (like Splinter Cell Double Agent or GRAW or Rainbow Six: Lockdown/Vegas) or the newer Tomb Raiders (especially Legend). Seriously, compared to those, Oblivion is a shining example of a port of the highest quality ;) .

True enough, but Two Worlds is an example of a port from PC TO console, and I like that. Oblivion had really nice load times, but also had really small inventory icons. I like to have a nice sized icon of the loot I find. And I agree, the more recent 'Splinter Cell' 'Tom Clancy' games are 'consolized' to death.

Last edited:
Did you try the hard-level? I thought it was pretty challenging all the way through the demo.

Didn't try that. Good to know.

Did you use the jump back button? "Q" iirc the "dodge" button. You can jump backwards (and keep facing the same direction) to dodge hits.
Yeah, that's good and all. But it doesn't make up for the missing strafe and backpedal. The way it is now seems unnecessarily awkward and limiting.

I didnt really miss the backwards strafing after I found the backward jump. Each to their own I guess.

I have noticed some folks derisively calling that the 'moonwalk key' yet I don't have an issue.

Back
Top Bottom