|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 US release?

Default Gothic 3 US release?

October 31st, 2006, 20:50
This may be a stupid question, but I'm eager to play the game and if it's just a matter of waiting a couple more days for the US version instead of settling for the UK version, then I'd be willing to wait. Anyway, here's a site that indicates that the US English version of Gothic 3 is available for shipping. Am I delusional and this is actually the Asian version or is it the US English version just from a site that for some odd reason has the name "asia" in it? I plan to order Gothic 3 and at least one other game (haven't decided between Guild 2 or Age of Pirates Caribbean Tales yet) to play this weekend (needless to say, I'm sure I'll be playing Gothic 3 practically non-stop until I beat it).

Thanks!

Add me to your friends list on Steam! My name there is: [GoE]SirDeity
Piranha Bytes' Loyal Fan, SirDeity

SirDeity

Watchdog

October 31st, 2006, 21:18
I can't stop playing Gothic 3 - but a good advise:

Don't begin to play until the next patch is out, your game experience will be better.

At the moment there are still 2 serious bugs in the game:

1) save game bug - after several hours of playing the game crashes sometimes, when you save a game - corrupting the previous save.

2) ambient sound bug - a lot of players have problems to hear the ambient sounds - wind, bird-chirping … these sounds are played too fast/short and sometimes too quiet.

Besides PB have promised to improve hand-to-hand combat in the next patch.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

October 31st, 2006, 21:27
Originally Posted by SirDeity View Post
Anyway, here's a site that indicates that the US English version of Gothic 3 is available for shipping.
You are delusional

Seriously, the publisher of Gothic 3 in the US is Aspyr, and I just had word earlier today (while discussing their new Anno 1701 release) that the November 13th date was still the plan for the US release, and that it would have all of the EU fixes possible when they go to press.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2006, 21:28
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
2) ambient sound bug - a lot of players have problems to hear the ambient sounds - wind, bird-chirping … these sounds are played too fast/short and sometimes too quiet.

You know, I thought I noticed something unusual with the birds chirping. Often I would hear constant sputtering but I would try to not pay much attention to it. However, every once and a while if I saved the game during the sputtering I would hear a bird chirp, but just once. It could get pretty damn annoying so it would be really nice if a new patch resolved this.

As far as revising the combat system… thank the god of nerds.

lostnumber

Watchdog

October 31st, 2006, 21:37
OK txa, I have to know who or what you avatar is. To me it looks like traditional Greek guy doing his traditional Greek dance. I don't know if I see this as a result of overexposure to my beautiful Greek girlfriend who loves talking about all things Greek, or if in fact it really is what I think it is. I am unaware if anyone here has any experience with American Greek immigrants and their children but if you ever want to get on their good side just talk about anything related to Greece and how great it is. Just be prepared to sit back and listen for a while.

Disclaimer: This is in no way intended to be defamatory or discriminatory; in addition, I have no intent on hijacking this thread, so sorry. I just want to know if I am going nuts or not.

lostnumber

Watchdog

October 31st, 2006, 21:42
Originally Posted by lostnumber View Post
OK txa, I have to know who or what you avatar is.
Hehe … you're *WAY* off - it is Obi-Wan Kenobi jumping across lava pits on Mustafar in Episode III from the original LEGO Star Wars from last year.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2006, 23:02
Damn, I knew it was getting to me, I've been brain washed. Whoever said that relationships can't change people was in way over their head. Thanks…

lostnumber

Watchdog

November 1st, 2006, 21:36
Currently Go Gamer has imported UK Gothic 3 releases for sale on their website. They ship out from California I believe. Here's a link.

I can vouch for this site, I recieved my UK version copy within a week.

My Current System:

HP dv5000 Laptop w/ custom changes:
Intel Centrino Duo (2x 1.66 Ghz)
1 GB System Memory
512 MB GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB Dedicated, 256 MB Shared)

Arexen

Watcher

November 1st, 2006, 21:40
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
I can't stop playing Gothic 3 - but a good advise:

Don't begin to play until the next patch is out, your game experience will be better.

At the moment there are still 2 serious bugs in the game:

1) save game bug - after several hours of playing the game crashes sometimes, when you save a game - corrupting the previous save.

Sorry about the new post, but I figured since its a totally different subject….

So I'm curious: has the memory leak been solved with the new patches? Does the game still crash? Because I have dialup, I'm waiting until I head out to college to download them off the wireless service there.

I've had a few random crashes recently especially when falling off huge cliffs and running around Venguard. I believe its from the memory leak, and I'm wondering if that type of crash has been resolved.

Thanks,
Arexen

My Current System:

HP dv5000 Laptop w/ custom changes:
Intel Centrino Duo (2x 1.66 Ghz)
1 GB System Memory
512 MB GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB Dedicated, 256 MB Shared)

Arexen

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 3 US release?