|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Sword of the Witcher Music Video

Default The Witcher - Sword of the Witcher Music Video

September 6th, 2007, 09:15
The Witcher's official website has posted news that a music video clip from the band VADER which combines some trailer footage with performance video and music composed by the band has been released, along with a link to a streaming video at Wirtualna Polska
This is how VADER’s frontman – Peter – recalls work done on the clip: “A couple of months ago, CD Projekt RED approached us and asked whether we’d be interested in recording a music track relating to the RPG game “The Witcher”. The game itself, its “feel” and atmosphere, as well as the rather atypical challenge were enough to give it a go. We recorded the “Sword of the Witcher” track in May, and on the 10th of July, with the help of Inbornmedia from Wrocław, shot some videos in the castle in Bolków. To help us in the undertaking we received some music samples from the game’s soundtrack.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 6th, 2007, 09:15
Nice song, and it really fits great with the dark atmosphere of the game. Have to remember that band's name.
Great job guys of Vader

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

September 6th, 2007, 10:12
yes, excellent. not too brutal/deathish. maybe it will be on the witcher ost - cd?

vidder

Watchdog

September 6th, 2007, 13:30
Whoa! Vader is a great Death Metal band. I especially recommend
"The Art of War" EP…
http://www.metalreviews.com/reviews/detail.php3?id=3115

This is cool I'll have to check out that song.

Zakhary

Noble Savage

September 6th, 2007, 13:43
You can watch that thing on youtube too. Just put "the witcher vader" in the search box.

Well… yeahh… the song was nice enough but nothing compared to the stuff vader did on "the art of war" for example. the riff was pretty weak - could've been much more technical & in-your-face. Also a few blast-beats here and there would've not hurt

Zakhary

Noble Savage

September 6th, 2007, 14:02
I think that is pretty cool stuff, like the mix of themes in there … that sort of thing works really well here as it did with Bloodlines …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 6th, 2007, 17:32
Weird. I had Witcher filed under "Mmm, interesting," but after seeing this video…

… I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

September 6th, 2007, 18:14
Yeah, this one sure seems like a very interesting game.

Zakhary

Noble Savage

September 6th, 2007, 21:05
CDP's head Michal Kicinski says here that Nightwish is also involved in some way.

Elwro

Filthy Codex Spy

September 6th, 2007, 21:29
Marketing cooperation. Their music video "Amaranth" will be included with the game. It's all over the German web. (Google nightwish witcher and see for yourself.)

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

September 6th, 2007, 21:46
That was actually really tame for Vader. I'm actually more of a Nightwish fan myself, but i'm kinda bummed when it comes to the choice of their new singer. Kinda weak, she's got nuttin on classical powerhouse Tarja imho. Cool tho, I'm glad this project is metal-infused regardless, now i know it's gonna be awesome!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 6th, 2007, 23:24
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
I'm actually more of a Nightwish fan myself, but i'm kinda bummed when it comes to the choice of their new singer. Kinda weak, she's got nuttin on classical powerhouse Tarja imho.
Agreed, but I've been listening to Amaranth a couple times now (more than a dozen actually) and I must say she's growing on me. Different from Tarja of course, but everything still sounds very "Nightwishish" and Annette's voice actually fits quite well.

Pre-loading the Vader video now (slow Internet connection atm )

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

September 7th, 2007, 00:20
Too bad this stuff won't be included with the North American release, huh? I'll try to get some more content from the CD out there.

Tom Ohle

Watcher

September 7th, 2007, 01:03
ehem…cheesy as hell?

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

September 7th, 2007, 18:08
Originally Posted by Tom Ohle View Post
Too bad this stuff won't be included with the North American release, huh? I'll try to get some more content from the CD out there.
Very bad news--I don't mind missing out on the naughty postcard game, of course, but I'd really enjoy this music content. Is it supposed to be "too mature" for us over here?

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.
Last edited by magerette; September 7th, 2007 at 19:04. Reason: added smilies

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 7th, 2007, 18:18
Originally Posted by Tom Ohle View Post
Thanks, Tom … we appreciate anything!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2007, 19:30
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Agreed, but I've been listening to Amaranth a couple times now (more than a dozen actually) and I must say she's growing on me. Different from Tarja of course, but everything still sounds very "Nightwishish" and Annette's voice actually fits quite well.
The new one is not bad, but for me Tarja was the main attraction, and pretty
much defined their sound. Sad to see her go…

JonNik

SasqWatch

September 10th, 2007, 22:59
Wow.. I'm a Nightwish fan and I didn't even know that Tarja left the group! (Hey, I just listen to the music, I don't follow all the latest news on everyone..) Well I watched the Amaranth video and I must say that the new lead singer is cool, but she doesn't have that haunting voice that Tarja had. Their background choir music is going to sound a lot more generic from now on I'm afraid. Still, that song is awesome and I can't wait for the new album!

@ Melvil: Okay, I'll bite… yes, maybe metal music and videos look "cheesy as hell" to some, but face it… 99% of all video game scenarios would BE 'cheesy as hell' if they became real life. If it's metal music in general you think is cheesy… well… there is a lot of that out there, but there are some groups that have the most intelligent lyrics in all music. Opeth reigns supreme!!

So what's with the girl at the very end of the Vader video?.. And I love how the first thing Geralt does is check her teeth… Ah, what a romantic he is! lol

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

September 10th, 2007, 23:50
I got Blackwater Park recently by Opeth, and it just isnt sinking in. It's my first Opeth cd, and I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about since I know quite a few rabidly devout Opeth fans. It's not bad, I just dont particularly like it.

I do like the vocalist, Mike Akerfeldt. He did some vocals for Katatonia, I really enjoy his work on Brave Murder Day. I'm going to give BWP another spin right now and see if I feel any different, it's been on ice for a couple weeks

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 11th, 2007, 09:22
I've never been able to get into Opeth either - great lyrics, but musically it's not really my thing. The Vader video wasn't bad, but I think I would have preferred Nightwish for the actual soundtrack, perhaps with Finntroll or Amon Amarth doing the battle music.
As for Tarja, yes she has an amazing voice and it's sad that she's gone, but if even 1/2 of what Tuomas says in his open letter to her is true, I can't say I blame the band for firing her.

Geist

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher - Sword of the Witcher Music Video