|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Star Trek Online - Publication Update @ StarTrek-Online.net

Default Star Trek Online - Publication Update @ StarTrek-Online.net

December 1st, 2007, 06:39
Daron Stinnett, the Executive Producer for Star Trek Online, has dropped by the StarTrek-Online.net forums to comment on recent rumours about the future of Perpetual Entertainment's upcoming MMO.
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to step in and give everyone a quick update given all the rumors circulating. We are now in the process of finding a formal publisher for STO, which involves conversations with a variety of parties. We have been working on our business model for some time and once we establish a publisher, we will work with our new partner to communicate exactly what we are building - something I know all of you have been waiting a long time for.
There was also a report about PE liquidating our assets. That report relates to a transaction that took place a while back. And while I can't go into details right now, I want to assure the community that the entire Star Trek team is still here working hard and eagerly anticipating our chance to finally share our big plans.
Thanks, and hang-tight.

- Daron
More information.

Inauro

Watcher

December 1st, 2007, 06:39
Betting 10k simelons its SOE. They always take games from falling companies, haha.

Seriously, after the Gods and Heroes disaster I fear STO will be the same predicament as SWG. Oh my… some good IPs really would have been deserved in better hands. ><

elikal

Sentinel

December 2nd, 2007, 16:17
Hard to believe if I read correctly, they only had a 9 million budget, for one of the biggest franchises in history.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

December 2nd, 2007, 20:31
Originally Posted by Acleacius View Post
Hard to believe if I read correctly, they only had a 9 million budget, for one of the biggest franchises in history.
I suppose it could be nine million simelons, kwatluns, credits or latinums. The dollar's value is down at the moment, so all of those are probably worth more.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Star Trek Online - Publication Update @ StarTrek-Online.net