|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Tabula Rasa - Interview @ Gamasutra

Default Tabula Rasa - Interview @ Gamasutra

December 6th, 2007, 17:05
Richard Garriott has some interesting things to say about the launch of Tabula Rasa in an interview with Gamasutra.
“We burned out some quantity of our beta-testers when the game wasn’t yet fun," he said, adding, "As we’ve begun to sell the game, the people who hadn’t participated in the beta became our fast early-adopters.”

He continued, “And the people who did participate in the beta, we’ve had to go back to and say ‘look, look, we promise: we know it wasn’t fun two months ago, but we fixed all that. Really, come try it again.’ We’ve had to go out and develop free programs to invite those people back for free before they go buy it. So the beta process, which we used to think of as a QA process, is really a marketing process.”
More information.

Inauro

Watcher

December 6th, 2007, 17:05
This guy can never say a straight sentence.

Reyla

Sentinel

December 6th, 2007, 17:32
I wonder what the game played like back then … because it is pretty dry now.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 6th, 2007, 17:51
I was in the beta - couldn't really get into the game. They started adding pollish near the end of the beta but tbh I have no interests in playing an MMO for a while.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

December 6th, 2007, 20:54
His point is a pretty good one, I think. But that assumes Tabula Rasa really is what it's supposed to be and that the Beta testers really didn't get a chance to see that.

Word of mouth can kill you, but it won't help you very much. If his game's for real, then they should market the heck out of it.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Tabula Rasa - Interview @ Gamasutra