|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Darksun Online and Quest for Glory 6

Default Darksun Online and Quest for Glory 6

December 18th, 2007, 16:47
I've been checking the progress on Darksun Online for awhile now and there seems to be some new life and screenshots at the site. One of administrators is back and it seems there is going to be some good news coming pretty soon. Also, they are looking for additional help. Anyone who maybe interested in this project should check it out at http://dso.zidev.com/index.html

I know the majority of fanmade games end up in vaporware but it is encouraging to see some life at the site and they have been around awhile now, so at least there is a little hope it will be finished.

I've tried posting there but it seems there is a problem with the forums (at least on my computer)

Also I ran across this site http://www.hero6.com/new/index.php the other day. It's another fanmade game this time for Quest for Glory 6. I know nothing about this one other than they've been making it for years and years.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 19th, 2007, 04:58
Don't hold your breath for Hero6. Yes, it have apparently been in development for years, but what have they actually produced during all that time? There's much more info on Grimoire .

There are in fact quite a few QfG-style fanmade games in production, but few of them are likely to be ever released. The most promising one is a remake of QfG 2 : http://www.agdinteractive.com/. Not only the developpers have already released 2 King Quest remakes as well as "Al Emmo", but judging by the messages on their own forum, QfG2 is almost done.

I live in my own little world, but it's okay, they know me there.

Dungeon Tales

Dantre

Watchdog

December 19th, 2007, 15:55
Thank you I didn't know about this one. I played the Tierra remake of kings quest 1 awhile ago. It's nice to see that they are still around (just different name).

Your right about QFG6. I went through their forums and the only thing I've seen they have done is make a new forums lol. Hey, as far as forums go it is pretty.

I really hope that the Darksun project gets on its feet. The Darksun games were one of my favorite games when they were released, but in the mean time it looks like QFG 2 is getting a new makeover and WILL be released.

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 19th, 2007, 16:10
Isn't this a MMORPG topic? Why put this …. in the RPG topic? Are at least MMORPG dying and try get more public so more publicity?

Dasale

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2007, 17:03
The whole topic was pretty much I found out about some vaporware RPG sites that looked like they have had some activity on them lately. With all the indie stuff I've been reading here lately, I thought it would interest some people.

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 19th, 2007, 17:07
You answer my post? I don't understand a word of your answer, perhaps it's because the single word I read in this topic is "Online", enough to summon a forest of buttons on my face.

Dasale

SasqWatch

December 19th, 2007, 17:38
Umm ok, I won't use the word online next time, sorry. I'll try "Old games see new life"

About the forest of buttons on your face, there is some great medicine that will clear that right up for you

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 19th, 2007, 23:35
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Umm ok, I won't use the word online next time, sorry. I'll try "Old games see new life"

About the forest of buttons on your face, there is some great medicine that will clear that right up for you
Not that buttons, those can't be cleared. Yes "Old games see new life" is much better than…

Dasale

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2013, 16:58
quest for clory 6/hero 6 is given up on they give a script apperantly for what they have so far for ags and a link to the ags site so you can download thier tools but thats about it not enough poeple on the project or time I suppose. shame

waycomp2002

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Darksun Online and Quest for Glory 6