|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Soooo, they're remaking King's Bounty…

Default Soooo, they're remaking King's Bounty…

December 9th, 2007, 02:09
with a plot, too!

Is anyone else excited as I am?

Oriz0r

Watcher

December 9th, 2007, 03:16
I never played the original but I'm excited about Katauri's talent - so, yes.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2007, 05:04
Ahh, you should check it out - If only for the benefit of your…"gaming-lore", we'll call it?

It's really a great achievement (spawning one of the greatest series ever, but I repeat myself) - an innovative blend of genres in a period where there barely ARE genres.

Oriz0r

Watcher

December 20th, 2007, 03:03
<sarcasm> This thread is going well… </sarcasm> Maybe I could make it a little more active by A. Linking to the game - http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=591 And B. Well, after reading that description, all that's left for me that it pretty much says it all…and that anyone who considers himself a true gamer, and has at least a couple of living, functioning brain cells should be interested in one of the very first games that engaged in blending genres (in this case, Strategy and RPG), and moreover, did so pretty successfully (not to mention predecessed -my- favorite game series ever.).

Oriz0r

Watcher

December 20th, 2007, 04:22
I'm interested in the remake, and look forward to it, but I never played the original. I started with HoMM2 and have played on through the series to the current day (except for Tribes of the East.) I'm not too sure I can take the time machine back to the original King's Bounty, though; it looks like like one of those games that is really best played at release, and I get the sense that it was reincarnated for the better in the HoMM series, so there seems little point.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 20th, 2007, 04:53
I played the original on the Amiga and I really enjoyed it. It was a very well made, fun game. But to be honest I haven't really given the remake a second thought. I may pick it up if it gets good reviews from people I trust here on the Watch…

May all your hits be crits!

narpet

Sentinel

December 20th, 2007, 04:54
Well, intellectually, are you not curious as to what are the differences between those two games…as in, what the original game creators (same creators) though about in the first place, what they decided to keep and improve and how, etc. etc.

Though hey, I'm a -huge- HOMM fan (The biggest in the world, I checked.)… so if YOU aren't… I guess you don't -have- to be remarkably stupid, and well, a boring person.

(Another point that suddenly comes to mind as to why you should cheggout the game, is that its gameplay is different than HOMMs, and if you're interested in the remake, might as well glance at what its gameplay would more or less feel like.)

Oriz0r

Watcher

December 20th, 2007, 09:51
Wow. King's Bounty was one of the first computer games I have ever played, and this is the first time I hear of the remake. That's awesome. Now all they need to do is remake Wasteland….

cerberus9090

Frank Horrigan

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Soooo, they're remaking King's Bounty…