|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile

Default Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile

January 14th, 2008, 23:45
Lead Character Artist Christiane Meister is the first dev to be profiled for 2008 at the Bethblog:
What is the best part about working as an artist? The worst part?
My favorite part is designing how characters will look and work, down to the hairstyles, armor, and clothing. I generally liked to maintain a feel of culture the objects that these people wore came from somewhere and were made by people of that particular place. I hope to carry that even further in the future. The worst part of the job is not quite succeeding at what you had envisioned, whether it is time, technology, or design constraints. But then art is never really finished only abandoned.
Can I ask for better heads, please?
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 14th, 2008, 23:45
Actually, your post is misleading, Dhruin.

She was the lead character artist on Oblivion. Notice how they deliberately avoid talking about her job on Fallout 3?

She was demoted from lead character artist to just character artist. Probably for the atrocious job she did on Oblivion. Harsh, but that's the way it is.

Brother None

SasqWatch

January 15th, 2008, 00:18
Well she was the lead for the TeS expansions, so she couldn't be the lead for fallout 3. Maybe it wasn't a demotion, I don't even know if they have a Fallout 3 Lead Character artist.

Briosafreak

SasqWatch

January 15th, 2008, 00:30
The way they toe around it makes me think demotion, but you're right, it could well just be circumstances.

I'm going to assume they have a lead. If they want to improve, they need a lead, not a bunch of guys running around. Istvan can't handle all art.

Brother None

SasqWatch

January 15th, 2008, 00:35
It's a whole new world being depicted, so maybe they just liked someone else's artistic concepts better?

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

January 15th, 2008, 02:18
Since her husband is the Lead Programmer for Fallout 3, I doubt a demotion for his wife would happen. I think they'd like to keep MrSmileyFaceDude smiling.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

January 15th, 2008, 02:20
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Since her husband is the Lead Programmer for Fallout 3, I doubt a demotion for his wife would happen. I think they'd like to keep MrSmileyFaceDude smiling.
And I honestly doubt that matters.

Squeek: yeah, true. Who knows why she was demoted/temporarily placed back to just character artist, but she was.

And a good thing too, I think we can all agree. Oblivion doesn't show much promise on that department.

Brother None

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Dev Profile