|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Review @ GamingExcellence

Default Hellgate London - Review @ GamingExcellence

February 1st, 2008, 21:59
GamingExcellence has posted a review of Flagship's action rpg Hellgate:London, scoring it at 7/10. The review goes over the usual pros and cons and concludes:
All in all, Hellgate: London isnít the next revolution in Diablo-style gameplay. While it does some important parts well, notably the item management and upgradeability, other parts like the skill sets and character customization fall short. The technical issues have gotten better since the last patch, but theyíre still present, and can hamper the experience, especially the framerate. It all adds up to a game that doesnít live up to expectations. Itís not a bad game; itís just severely flawed, and ends up just being decidedly average.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

February 1st, 2008, 21:59
Sounds about right to me really… but let's face it for most gamers "average" means "waste of time".

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

February 1st, 2008, 22:04
Originally Posted by Ionstormsucks View Post
Sounds about right to me really… but let's face it for most gamers "average" means "waste of time".
… or - "wait until it hits bargain bins".

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 1st, 2008, 22:23
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
… or - "wait until it hits bargain bins".
Yeah, maybe… although I'm not quite sure if that also goes for Hellgate. This game has the problem that it's not really the bugs or anything that make it unattractive. As the review says - the game is so damn average… I recently bought it, and I cannot see any particular reason why I should play it (apart from having paid for it). It's not like the game is bad, but at least to me it simply feels "old". Apart from the setting (which I really like) every single aspect of the game is borrowed from some other game… there is nothing that makes Hellgate special. You know, sometimes you come across a game which is pretty bad, but you keep on playing it because (despite all its flaws) it excels in one particular field. I just don't see that in the case of Hellgate.

A bit sad really… lots of wasted potential.

Mein Warhammer Online Review auf
http://www.moxiblog.com

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain

February 2nd, 2008, 00:00
I think that if I payed $20 instead of $50 I'd have been thrilled by the amount of play I got out of it … even if everything you say *is* absolutely true!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - Review @ GamingExcellence