|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - Key Features @ Next Gen

Default Fable 2 - Key Features @ Next Gen

February 27th, 2008, 13:50
I like this idea as well, and to be honest, I don't rememer a single RPG (at least dfor the PC) where this concept has been fully worked out.

This comes near to my concept of "fighting for something" vs. "fighting against something" (there once was an old "Alrik's different angle" article over there at RPGDot).

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 28th, 2008, 11:27
Baldur's Gate used family quite a lot actually - revenge on Sarevok for Gorions' death, rescue Imoen, the main character being a child of Bhaal, fighting your own siblings in Throne of Bhaal, etc.

For me, that's pretty much the limit though - involve family more than that and it turns into The Sims.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 28th, 2008, 16:57
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
For me, that's pretty much the limit though - involve family more than that and it turns into The Sims.
Which would attract more female gamers, I guess.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 28th, 2008, 17:57
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I like this idea as well, and to be honest, I don't rememer a single RPG (at least dfor the PC) where this concept has been fully worked out.

This comes near to my concept of "fighting for something" vs. "fighting against something" (there once was an old "Alrik's different angle" article over there at RPGDot).
ICO was marvelous in the way it made you care about your protιgι from what I've heard, but alas, not available for PC so I could never play it myself…

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 2 - Key Features @ Next Gen