|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z

Default Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z

March 2nd, 2008, 20:04
Basilisk Games has posted a link to this French review of Eschalon: Book 1 and for those who speak that language it looks like it's well worth a read. I can just about translate the title with my shooldays' French, ("Of Goblins and Men,") but I think its safe to say its positive, with the final score four Z's, which apparently equates in English to : "Come Get Some! "
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

March 2nd, 2008, 20:04
Hi Mage.

Just read it.
It doesn't say anything that hasn't been said before here.
It's the same basic thing : This game rocks!

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
RPGWatch Donor

March 2nd, 2008, 20:07
Thanks, Horned One. I could kind of read bits of it—got that he brought up the fact that gameplay>graphics and so forth. I thought the site itself was kind of fun.

Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.

magerette

Hedgewitch

March 2nd, 2008, 20:14
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Nice to see the game is getting play in other parts of the world beside NA, too.
Eschalon: Book 1 review in Serbian, by a certain RPG player you might've seen on some forums.

Yes, it's a shameless plug, but the opportunity was just too good to pass!

VPeric

Sentinel

March 2nd, 2008, 21:06
Very nice—wish I could read it. This game deserves all the publicity it can get.

magerette

Hedgewitch

March 2nd, 2008, 22:01
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.

Brother None

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2008, 05:24
Just out of curiosity, is RPGWatch still planning on posting a review of Eschalon, or has that been dropped?

Geist

Watchdog

March 3rd, 2008, 12:44
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
It's my personal conviction the market for these type of indie RPGs is much better in Europe than in NA. And not just because the dollar is monopoly money now and you can buy these games dirt cheap, but because the European mindset is different than the American one, which is in turn different from the Japanese/Korean one, when it comes to RPGs and PC gaming.

I mentioned this to VDweller and he agreed, the reaction from Europe has been much more positive and more actively interested than the NA one (which is also significant), see here. It's sometimes hard to separate because a lot of Europeans tend to stick to English-language websites and don't care for local sites much, but it's still there, and it's significant.
Personally, I very much agree. Especially that thing about the "mind set".

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Eschalon: Book 1 - French Language Review @ L'Ombre du Z