|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Blizzard Acquires diablo3.com

Default Diablo 3 - Blizzard Acquires diablo3.com

May 5th, 2008, 12:21
I just read the post at www.diablo3.com (redirecting to www.diablofans.com for now). Apparently the webmaster had already gotten several offers during the past years, and he writes: "if it was my intention to make a profit off of the domain, I could've sold it years ago, but I didn't."

That said, I also hope he gets something more out of it.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

May 6th, 2008, 19:36
If he demanded money from Blizzard for it, Blizzard could always have sued. They'd surely win and then he'd have nothing, plus the ire of millions of Blizzard fans. Big companies always win cases like this.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

May 6th, 2008, 21:06
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
If he demanded money from Blizzard for it, Blizzard could always have sued. They'd surely win and then he'd have nothing, plus the ire of millions of Blizzard fans. Big companies always win cases like this.
I dunno… you know what they say, at least here in the states: possession is nine tenths of the law…

chamr

Mounted Highborn

May 6th, 2008, 22:23
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
@ Alrik:Well, the whole thrust of the game is how evil the "devil" is, and how he must be slain, eradicated and wiped off the face of the earth to win the game—which is easier said than done, so it isn't really a "devil-worshipping" game—that would be Overlord I think.
Yes, I know.

But … - Energy goes, where the attention is …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Blizzard Acquires diablo3.com