|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioShock - Movie Details Released

Default BioShock - Movie Details Released

May 12th, 2008, 19:58
The latest Bioshock development is 2K Games' announcement that the world of Rapture is moving to the screen, and it appears to have attracted some talent for the project.
Here's a snip from the offical press release:
2K Games announced today that it has reached an agreement for BioShock®, the universally acclaimed smash-hit video game, to be developed as a feature film by Universal Pictures…

The prospect of bringing this blockbuster game to life has attracted not only a major studio, but top Hollywood talent. Gore Verbinski, director of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, is slated to direct and produce the BioShock movie. John Logan, Academy Award-nominated writer of Gladiator, The Aviator and Sweeney Todd, is in talks to do the screenplay.
More information.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

May 12th, 2008, 19:58
Bioshock could make a great movie but they have to keep the political overtones and the retro 50's sci-fi feel or else it will be crap. I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to completely miss these and turn it into a lame action film.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

May 12th, 2008, 21:14
Originally Posted by doctor_kaz View Post
I wouldn't put it past Hollywood to completely miss these and turn it into a lame action film.
Gore Verbinski is the director. I think this is likely. A director whose star has only risen due to Pirates of the Caribbean.

Dyne

Watchdog

May 12th, 2008, 21:57
I wouldn't hold my breath on it being any good, there has yet to be a decent video game to movie released imo. The Resident Evil series had one of the most compelling and interesting storylines you could ask for and could have been great movies. I won't even mention how those turned out.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 12th, 2008, 23:16
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath on it being any good, there has yet to be a decent video game to movie released imo.
Well, see it from the positive side. They could have given the task to Uwe Boll .

Turjan

Sentinel

May 13th, 2008, 15:00
Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
Gore Verbinski is the director. I think this is likely. A director whose star has only risen due to Pirates of the Caribbean.
Yeah this is true. Everyone gives Verbinski credit for the first PotC movie and I guess he deserves it, but the second two movies sucked and the third was absolutely awful. One of the worst movies I have seen in years.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

May 13th, 2008, 20:26
Screenwriter of Gladiator and The Aviator? If they get this guy, I think there's a lot of potential.

mbuddha

Watchdog

May 14th, 2008, 02:59
the first resident evil movie was great. i guess it just wasn't jerry bruckheimer enough for some folks

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

May 14th, 2008, 07:10
Originally Posted by curiously undead View Post
the first resident evil movie was great. i guess it just wasn't jerry bruckheimer enough for some folks

The first RE movie wasn't bad, although not too many would call it "great". The 2nd one was downright laughable, and the 3rd was only slightly better than the 2nd.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 14th, 2008, 15:34
the 2nd was horrible i'll agree, and as for 3rd havn't even seen it myself, though i did pick up the dvd a few months back for cheap. personally i think milla jollavich is perfect for action movies as she has a unique quality about her, though i hardly think she's beautiful.

curiously undead

tuned to a different freq

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioShock - Movie Details Released