|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Slated for Early 2009 per Riccitiello

Default Dragon Age - Slated for Early 2009 per Riccitiello

June 19th, 2008, 21:26
Avantenor writes in to give us a heads up on this brief and not too shocking Dragon Age tidbit from EA's John Riccitiello, speaking at Gamespot and which if I'm reading correctly, basically narrows down the expected release date of the game to the end of their current production year (Jan-Mar 09):
When asked by an analyst about which of EA's new intellectual properties would be among its internal top 10 bestsellers for 2008, Riccitiello began listing his picks. "Mercenaries 2, Mirror's Edge, Spore, Dead Space, including subscriptions Warhammer [Online]—but that won't show up in NPD, Battlefield: Bad Company…that'll certainly get in there," he predicted. Then, the executive added "Saboteur and Dragon Age" before quickly tacking on the qualifier, "but those two won't make the calendar year because they're coming in fiscal Q4." EA's fiscal year ends on March 31, 2009, which means that both games will now arrive in the first three months of next year…
Riccitiello's words were less of a shock to role-playing gamers awaiting Dragon Age, which EA previously announced would arrive before April 1, 2009.
Thanks, Avantenor.
More information.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

June 19th, 2008, 21:26
Not a surprise since a long time ago they said "Fiscal 2008" means April, 2008 through March, 2009. I doubt it will make that window either, judging by the nonexistent PR for it.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

June 19th, 2008, 21:58
Yeah, I've been surprised at the lack of PR, especially given the pedigree it has ("Spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate").

I just hope that they do what they did with the BG series where they plan to have more than one game based off the same basic engine, so we get a sequel or two in a reasonable time period.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

June 19th, 2008, 23:51
I'm praying for a toolset easier as easy to use as NWN1 and the ability to create persistent worlds.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

June 20th, 2008, 00:10
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
Yeah, I've been surprised at the lack of PR, especially given the pedigree it has ("Spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate").
Why PR, to distract from Mass Effect?
ThereŽs more than enough time to hype Dragon Age. Maybe weŽll see something at E3 and GC.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

June 20th, 2008, 09:24
Any word yet on the DRM they plan on using? I really hope that EA don't force their ME solution on all new titles…I really would like to buy this. I suppose they won't dwell on such matters in any blurb they release (!)

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

June 23rd, 2008, 14:55
Originally Posted by booboo View Post
Any word yet on the DRM they plan on using? I really hope that EA don't force their ME solution on all new titles…I really would like to buy this. I suppose they won't dwell on such matters in any blurb they release (!)
Supposedly EA is using their new DRM on all of their upcoming titles.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

June 23rd, 2008, 17:06
Originally Posted by doctor_kaz View Post
Supposedly EA is using their new DRM on all of their upcoming titles.
If true, then I will not be buying DA.

It's strange how much the industry — and the games it makes — have changed, that I'm not the least bit bothered by this. I'm stuck in the 90's, and content to continue buying and playing older games.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire,
chase away the hoofed liar.
Roof and doorway, block and beam,
chase the Trickster from our dream.

Stanza

Lighthouse Keeper

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Slated for Early 2009 per Riccitiello