|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Second Trailer Up @ Gametrailers.com

Default Dragon Age - Second Trailer Up @ Gametrailers.com

July 13th, 2008, 21:09
Gametrailers has posted the second trailer released for Dragon Age. The setting is the same, with some different combat actions being portrayed.
Gametrailers Dragon Age:Origins Exclusive Trailer 2.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

July 13th, 2008, 21:09
Booooooooring.

Word has it that there's gonna be yet another teaser tomorrow. Oh, woe befall us…

Working too much could interfere with your drinking.

r3dshift

Sentinel

July 13th, 2008, 21:27
I like both trailers a lot, but just like everyone else I'm still waiting for actual screenshots/gameplay footage. Still, this is about as much as we can expect before E3.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 13th, 2008, 21:51
I also like them. Like the second one more. And I'm curios to some info on the world lore and stuff. Tomorrow E3 starts, and I'm looking forward to some real gameplay videos and screenshots.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 13th, 2008, 21:59
March to Helm's Deep! Leave none alive! TO WAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!

July 13th, 2008, 22:22
I enjoyed it. I was reading the comments both here and where the trailer was posted and saw some references about it being like lord of the rings.

Except, well come on - anytime your see medieval type armies, castles, and standard fantasy critters and people …. you could say hey thats a copy of Lord of the Rings. What isn't in that context? Not saying they didn't copy LOTR but on the other hand can't just assume it is either. So much medieval fantasy has been influenced by LOTR its hard to say one way or the other. Especially with such a short couple of clips to go on.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

July 13th, 2008, 22:37
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Except, well come on - anytime your see medieval type armies, castles, and standard fantasy critters and people …. you could say hey thats a copy of Lord of the Rings. What isn't in that context? Not saying they didn't copy LOTR but on the other hand can't just assume it is either. So much medieval fantasy has been influenced by LOTR its hard to say one way or the other. Especially with such a short couple of clips to go on.
Exactly what I was thinking. Almost any medieval-fantasy game that would present a 50 sec trailer would seem like a LOTRish game.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 13th, 2008, 23:51
I disagree with that, although it is only a 30 sec trailer, so the comparison may turn out to be empty in the end. Do you really think a quick clip of, say, MotB would bring the same comments?

My personal feeling is that BioWare doesn't like to stray too much from the norms, because they believe a wider group of gamers will identify with familiar themes and archetypes. Perhaps DA is more daring - can't tell from this.

Anyway, better. It does show impressively large battles. Do they make it into the gameplay and how does that work?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 14th, 2008, 04:24
I think the point of the trailers was to set a sense of war for the setting of DA.

You would have to be crazy thinking you would see gameplay footage in these trailers right before E3. As well, that is what E3 is for.

My only question is, were those scenes actual game rendered scenes, or movies?

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

July 14th, 2008, 06:34
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
My only question is, were those scenes actual game rendered scenes, or movies?
They were rendered with the graphics-engine. Not in real-time, but they did use the games' graphics engine.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 14th, 2008, 06:37
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
They were rendered with the graphics-engine. Not in real-time, but they did use the games' graphics engine.
That is good to hear.

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

July 14th, 2008, 07:14
I actually think there hasn't been a goood LOTR copy in a CRPG yet (e.g. in the sense of scale and histroy of the land, or the seamless intermeshing of party based adventuring into a gigantic war on a continental scale) - so if they can get that right, it would actually be quite something.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

July 14th, 2008, 07:28
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
My personal feeling is that BioWare doesn't like to stray too much from the norms, because they believe a wider group of gamers will identify with familiar themes and archetypes. Perhaps DA is more daring - can't tell from this.
You're right Dhruin but I believe DA is the result of this thinking from some of the explanations from Bio themselves.

To them the weak sales of Planescape and Fallout are proof that different doesn't sell as well as their insistence on making it a class based game with dwarves and elves. Its also why the focus will be on the solo player with any multiplayer or toolset (at least to the public) said to be an afterthought. The very name Dragon Age wreaks of playing itself despite their philosophical defenses if it.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

July 14th, 2008, 08:14
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
I actually think there hasn't been a goood LOTR copy in a CRPG yet (e.g. in the sense of scale and histroy of the land, or the seamless intermeshing of party based adventuring into a gigantic war on a continental scale) - so if they can get that right, it would actually be quite something.
Yepp. And this isn't an all to easy campaign to set up. We tried it once in a PnP RPG Group. It was really fun but needed a lot of work to make believe. More so than a 'normal' campaign.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

July 14th, 2008, 12:14
Awesome screenshots were released. Imo it looks really great.

Some are from the trailer, 2 or 3 are ingame, and one of them has the GUI shown. Looks great. Can't wait for some gameplay videos.

Ingame Screenshot:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti…4005218353.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti…4005222837.jpg
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti…4005224884.jpg

GUI Screenshots:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti…4005226759.jpg

Trailer Screenshots:
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/arti…4005220978.jpg

EDIT: And as someone said, the one that features the interface looks like Planescape Torment.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 14th, 2008, 12:25
Looks nice in the GUI screenshot.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 14th, 2008, 20:16
From the trailers I was worried that this might be a RTS/RPH hybrid. These (new)screenshots, however, have put my fears to rest - at least somewhat.

I like the isometric perspective in combat as well the lightning (spell?) coming from one of the character's hands in one of the screenshots. The GUI looks just like Baldur's Gateor PS: Torment, I agree

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 14th, 2008, 23:52
Perhaps patrick will drop by with some elucidation!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Second Trailer Up @ Gametrailers.com