|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Epic Edition Announced

Default Two Worlds - Epic Edition Announced

July 12th, 2008, 11:51
Southpeak sent over this press release announcing an Epic Edition for Two Worlds, adding in the "Tainted Blood" and "Curse of Souls" packages. As I understand it, these addons only add MP features.
SOUTHPEAK GAMES TO RE-RELEASE COVETED ROLE-PLAYING GAME IN ULTIMATE PC PACKAGE: TWO WORLDS: EPIC EDITION

LONDON United Kingdom - July 11th, 2008 SouthPeak Games today announced its open-world role-playing hit game will get a new release on PC with the upcoming Two Worlds: Epic Edition. The expanded game will be available in August 2008.

"Two Worlds has seen unprecedented popularity, not only upon its original release, but in the months since it has gained even more fans," said Melanie Mroz, CEO of SouthPeak Games. "Epic Edition collects everything available for the world of Antaloor into one package so those who have yet to explore its rich and vibrant lands can now do so in its entirety."

Two Worlds: Epic Edition will contain the original game and the add-ons "Tainted Blood" and "Curse of Souls", putting the massive world of Antaloor and countless hours of adventuring into one tremendous package. The original Two Worlds gave players a huge world and hundreds of adventures to undertake. The expanded content of Epic Edition adds over 70 online quests, eight new multiplayer maps, an innovative player-versus-player challenge where opponents battle to control magical orbs within a variety of arenas, and introduces the town of Tharnburg where players can train their warriors in various skills and challenge other players to combat in the Gladiator District's huge arena.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition is rated PEGI 16+. For more information about Two Worlds or SouthPeak Games, please visit www.2-worlds.com or www.southpeakgames.eu.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 12th, 2008, 11:51
I think "unprecedented popularity" is a tad off, but it certainly is a good game (after it's patched up). Well worth getting if you like such games, and haven't tried it already.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Two Worlds: The Temptation, which is said to be out in Q4 2008 (which probably means Q1 or 2 2009).

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 12th, 2008, 13:09
This is perfect timing. I was just about to get this game, and then i hear this news. I will just wait for this edition so i can get the expansions.

DarNoor

Sentinel

July 12th, 2008, 13:17
I dont think I could fit another epic edition of two worlds into my shelfspace. The previous one allready takes more than its fair share. Allthough it would be nice to get all the expansions on dvd.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 12th, 2008, 14:37
No new single player content?

…..meh

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 12th, 2008, 14:49
Nothing to see here. Just a new SKU to stay on the shelves.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 12th, 2008, 14:49
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
No new single player content?

…..meh
I know - we get multiplayer maps that were already cheap DLC for the XBOX for $20? Um … no thanks.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

Unhappy Good game if…

July 14th, 2008, 11:24
This would be great game, if they would bother to improve the clumsy melee combat. Why it so hard to make a good melee combat to 3rd person RPG? For example, Severance - Blade of Darkness has a great intuitive melee combat.

Ergolius

July 14th, 2008, 17:23
Originally Posted by Ergolius View Post
This would be great game, if they would bother to improve the clumsy melee combat. Why it so hard to make a good melee combat to 3rd person RPG? For example, Severance - Blade of Darkness has a great intuitive melee combat.
That would be nice, but I didn't think the melee combat in TW was that bad, and I believe for The Temptation they claim to have improved it. I thought it was way better than G3 (whereas G2 was just right)

mbuddha

Watchdog

July 14th, 2008, 18:03
I liked the combat too but Im still waiting for temptation before playing the game. It looks like a major addon.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 14th, 2008, 18:33
Originally Posted by mbuddha View Post
That would be nice, but I didn't think the melee combat in TW was that bad, and I believe for The Temptation they claim to have improved it. I thought it was way better than G3 (whereas G2 was just right)
I'd put it on par with G3, actually - you can get through the game by just button mashing (your left mouse button). Or did I miss something?

VPeric

Sentinel

July 14th, 2008, 18:45
Originally Posted by VPeric View Post
I'd put it on par with G3, actually - you can get through the game by just button mashing (your left mouse button). Or did I miss something?
Thats not all (theres a dodge too and you have to use diff tactics against groups vs solo mobs vs archers vs big mobs etc), but yeah thats often how action-rpgs are played.

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 15th, 2008, 17:34
Originally Posted by VPeric View Post
The stun lock was abhorrent in G3, also sliding down an incline paralyzed the PC and couldn't attack. None of that in TW. I agree it was still quite simple, though.

mbuddha

Watchdog

July 15th, 2008, 18:54
Temptation is a game of its own now and not an add-on afaik.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds - Epic Edition Announced