|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Videos @ BioWare, GameSpot

Default Dragon Age - Videos @ BioWare, GameSpot

July 17th, 2008, 16:35
Greg Zeschuk fronts a Dragon Age video demo at GameSpot that provides a couple of minutes actual gameplay footage (and an annoying blonde host).
You can also grab a 300Mb hi-res gameplay video direct from BioWare's press site.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2008, 16:35
My god is soo beautiful, cant wait to see this game out. Hope more company's begin to make games like this one.
________
Starcraft Ii Replays
Last edited by Turok; February 16th, 2011 at 02:28.

Turok

Watchdog

July 17th, 2008, 17:20
Looks awesome. Some of the armors have unbelievable ammounts of detail on them. Loved the guy with the bloody armor. It looked great. Graphics-wise it's awesome, and gameplay seems to be top-notch also. I think we have a winner.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 17th, 2008, 19:21
I wonder if the game has a speed meter. Its not turn based but you could put the game in slow motion - that would be real nice and would lessen the need to constantly tap the pausekey. In RTS games the first thing I usually do is slow down the speed if its possible. Its much more fun to play that way - no need to hurry all the time.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 17th, 2008, 19:50
Just pure gameplay here.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 17th, 2008, 20:02
Incredible. Just incredible! This is looking better and better.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 17th, 2008, 20:12
Looks good, but sadly I just found out that it's singleplayer only.

That means my interest went from high to minimal. I understand I'm in a minority, but I really can't get too excited about singleplayer CRPGs these days.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

July 17th, 2008, 21:00
My interest level skyrocketed upon hearing that it's singleplayer only.

It means they're spending more time perfecting the content I want, and none on the content I don't want.

Arundor

Watcher

July 17th, 2008, 22:35
Looking keenly forward to this one.

The gameplay video does remind me, however, how little zooming I actually do when playing games such as this. I find that when you zoom right into the character you lose all situational awareness of the battle, which is particularly important in tactical situations where you have a multi-character party.

Camera issues haunted me in NWN2 and I hope they don't show up here.

It's terrific to zoom right in a few times at the start, and see the effects. But after the first few battles, I find myself wanting to play with a more strategic isometric view.

martink

Watcher

July 17th, 2008, 23:03
I'm going to go off the wall again and say I'm not that impressed with the graphics

They're nice enough for sure, but at the moment it looks like the NWN2 engine with nicer textures/animations. Certainly it's not up to the standards of Mass Effect and the Unreal 3 engine - this is especially noticeable in the character models. I'm sure things will improve with polish though.

And no, it won't affect my purchase of the game - I'll still be buying DA when it comes out, as opposed to waiting for ME to be bargain basement if I get it at all.

kalniel

SasqWatch

July 18th, 2008, 02:50
Looks fantastic, and far more importantly, the gameplay looks fun and potentially DEEP.

Love that they added targeting radii to aoe spells like ToEE or WoW…. would have loved those back in the day with the IE games.

Second the call for a slow-mo option instead of just pause-n-play…. it never fails to pull you out of the flow and immersion of combat when you have to fully pause. The biggest beef with the IE pause system was that it was very easy to overwrite previous instructions that hadn't been executed yet.

Looks very, very promising though.

Dyspaire

Watcher

July 18th, 2008, 08:35
Gamespot were treated to an extended 45 minute demo of Dragon Age, and they wrote an article about it. Pretty interesting stuff.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 18th, 2008, 08:54
God from where do they get these kind of hosts? From seventh circle of Hell? Are they specialy trained to be annoying or do you have to be born with such an ability? Really I couldnt stand to watch the gameplay from Gamespot till the end because of those "wow"s.

nessosin

Watchdog

July 18th, 2008, 09:01
Originally Posted by nessosin View Post
God from where do they get these kind of hosts? From seventh circle of Hell? Are they specialy trained to be annoying or do you have to be born with such an ability? Really I couldnt stand to watch the gameplay from Gamespot till the end because of those "wow"s.
Yeah, that blonde was annoying as hell.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

July 18th, 2008, 09:17
wow i didn't expected this from bioware, but this game actually looks very promising

Dagon

Watchdog

July 18th, 2008, 13:25
Yesterday I looked at one of these game videos (don't remember which one anymore), but I had the feeling as if the spells reminded me of and looked similar to (A)D&D spells. Imho.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 18th, 2008, 15:07
Originally Posted by nessosin View Post
Gamespot's shitty management chased off all of their good people and now they have scrubs working there.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Videos @ BioWare, GameSpot