|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend - Hand of God - Hits Direct2Drive

Default Legend - Hand of God - Hits Direct2Drive

July 29th, 2008, 05:43
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
I donīt know much about notebook graphics cards, but I would guess the bottleneck is the 8400m. Given how slow an 8600GT was for gaming an 8400m sounds like a pure office card.
Thanks, I'm kinda leaning towards the card too. Thing is, I'm able to get by in a lot of games with way higher requirements — and holding out hope that it was just a demo glitch. Oh well.

mwg402

Traveler

July 29th, 2008, 12:09
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
I donīt know much about notebook graphics cards, but I would guess the bottleneck is the 8400m. Given how slow an 8600GT was for gaming an 8400m sounds like a pure office card.
Yep, the 8400M is at the lower end of cards, lower than many of the 7 series mobile GPU's. I looked when I was considering a Dell XPS 1330 and after seeing performance I reconsidered.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

July 29th, 2008, 15:39
Just a followup, I was getting pretty low fps as well and runnning a decent system with 8800GTX. I run most (and much more graphically advanced games) at higher or highest stettings without experiencing probles or fps as low as this. I think this the low fps contributes to the crashes I've been experiencing.

I have had better luck by running in lower res and water reflection off. I seem to be having less crashes but also have been spending more time in interior locations.

I also gather that fps is much better if you run in windowed mode, but who the hell wants to do that.

Regardless of wheter these are technically "bugs" or not, the game is most definitely not well-optimized.

dagoo7

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Legend - Hand of God - Hits Direct2Drive