|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis - Official world premiere at GC 2008

Default Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis - Official world premiere at GC 2008

July 30th, 2008, 19:21
At the Games Convention 2008, DTP will officially present Divinity 2 to members of the press, here is the relevant part from the invitation they just send out:
We are looking forward to present you Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis for PC and Xbox 360
It is not mentioned if the game will also be shown in the public section of the GC, but my guess is that is isn't as this presentation is by invitation only.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 30th, 2008, 19:21
You have to admire the game industry for having sunk so far into the morass of public relations and hype that it is now an accustomed part of doing business to announce the announcement of a game.
Frankly, I miss the "good old days" of attending a game conference, filled with giddy anticipation of what may be revealed, not entering one armed with foreknowledge about what you'll see.

themadhatter

Philosopher Emeritus

July 30th, 2008, 21:42
I can just assume that they wanted to do just this in the first place.

But the early PC Games magazine rumor "made a cross through their plans", as we say here.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis - Official world premiere at GC 2008