|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - T3 to continue Development

Default Hellgate London - T3 to continue Development

July 31st, 2008, 19:31
Gamasutra has news that HG:L and Mythos will be back with development teams.
According to new job posting-related information, Asian publisher T3 Entertainment is setting up a San Francisco development studio to carry on work on Hellgate: LondonMythos, following developer Flagship's recent layoffs.

The postings, which have appeared on multiple sites including DICE.com and Gamasutra, reveal: "T3 Entertainment is searching for creative minds to passionately continue development of Hellgate: LondonMythos, along with other new games, which are being published by HanbitSoft Inc."

According to the call for programmers: "A development studio has been established in San Francisco, CA, with hopes of gathering those who wish to join us in starting a new chapter of history in the game industry."

T3 Entertainment, the Korean-headquartered creator of popular Asian online music game Audition, recently acquired a controlling stake in HanbitSoft, Hellgate's Asian publisher and a company that has claimed rights in the fallout of Flagship's layoffs.
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 31st, 2008, 19:31
My head hurts.

So, is T3 related to Namco Bandi, whose icon has replaced Ping0's on all official responses at the HG:L forums? I thought it was a totally unrelated company.

Santos

Ass-hat

July 31st, 2008, 19:41
T3 are the largest stockholders of Hanbitsoft I believe.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 31st, 2008, 21:26
Originally Posted by woges View Post
T3 are the largest stockholders of Hanbitsoft I believe.
Ah, thank you. I wish that I could say my head hurt less now, but I just tried playing Legend: Hand of God (incidentally, the only modern game I can think of with worse voice acting than HG:L)

Santos

Ass-hat

July 31st, 2008, 22:33
-ehm-

Why does Tiggs (the forum moderator) then have a Bandai-Namco icon under her name (or his name)??

As I see it, this is just again a move by Hanbitsoft to actually say that they 'own' the IP when they clearly don't.

Here's maybe some sort of proof:

http://forums.hellgatelondon.com/sho…d.php?t=108595

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

July 31st, 2008, 22:50
Pretty sure Tiggs is a she and she was Ping0 staff so there's probably more to be revealed in this situation as the two IPs are linked to these two publishers.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

July 31st, 2008, 23:38
I can certainly see the value in bringing about some of the programmers and key artists. Not having to deal with knowledge transfer would allow them to resume work much more quickly.

Also won't be surprised to see them give Flagship's big names the cold shoulder to avoid carrying over any ill will for Flagship. If it's even possible to avoid that.

Hammer, anvil, forge and fire,
chase away the hoofed liar.
Roof and doorway, block and beam,
chase the Trickster from our dream.

Stanza

Lighthouse Keeper

August 1st, 2008, 00:02
This news makes me happy. One of the best games released in the past year.

Unregistered

SasqWatch

August 1st, 2008, 00:21
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Legend: Hand of God (incidentally, the only modern game I can think of with worse voice acting than HG:L)
That's sad. The German version had outstanding voice acting. Possibly the best one I've ever heard.

Sir_Brennus

August 1st, 2008, 00:38
Originally Posted by Sir_Brennus View Post
That's sad. The German version had outstanding voice acting. Possibly the best one I've ever heard.
You'll be even sadder if you ever experience it. I now live in fear that I'll, someday, run into the voice actor for the faerie. Smacking her in the head will be purely instinctive, I assure you. That, and the main character has had a frontal lobotomy; no emotion, whatsoever.

Santos

Ass-hat

August 1st, 2008, 02:00
I have to reinstall this since I've heard such good things about the patches …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 1st, 2008, 10:35
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
I now live in fear that I'll, someday, run into the voice actor for the faerie. Smacking her in the head will be purely instinctive, I assure you.
Who did the voice of her for the English version ?

I've seen the German voice of the fairy from afar - in Cologne, at the beginning of the last month, during kind of a festival.

I'm not sure anymore, but I think I can remember her dropping in for a very short time in the official forum.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Hellgate London - T3 to continue Development