|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

Default RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests

November 3rd, 2006, 18:52
That worked! Thanks Arhu. It was so obvious I should've figured it out myself. Anyway, it still seems strange that only this site seems to go all wacky (visually) with my IE text size set anywhere above medium whereas any other site looks just fine. I guess one of the draw backs to having a widescreen (huge) monitor is that the text in browsers is VERY small and therefore difficult to read but the text can only be enlarged at the cost of some windows going out of sync with (frames not where they're supposed to be, text bodys not where they're supposed to be, etc…). I'll just squint my eyes!

Add me to your friends list on Steam! My name there is: [GoE]SirDeity
Piranha Bytes' Loyal Fan, SirDeity

SirDeity

Watchdog

November 6th, 2006, 16:06
A search news function should be added.
I just wanted to find an old news(it's something about where's Troika staff going). Not knowing the exact title & date, and I can't find any place to search for news, so I decided to search the forum by keywords. Although there's a News Comment Section, I found out that not all news have threads in that section. So I can't find what I want. At last, I need to use Google to search for, but the link on Google refer to news comment, not the news itself. And I need to re-type the link to reach the news, finally.
If there's a search function for the whole site, it'd be much convenient.

kencube

SasqWatch

November 6th, 2006, 16:31
Yeah I know. It's on this wish list that I also use as an oversized paperweight

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

Default Link to Wiki

November 12th, 2006, 21:10
I'm missing a link to the (Gothic 3) Wiki on the front page.

"Who are we to call this planet Earth, when it's clearly Ocean."

Sem

Watchdog

November 14th, 2006, 23:09
The link to 'More articles' on the front page is working now.
And in case you missed it, the 'Details' link of the games shown at the right hand side of a newsbit, now leads to a tabbed view with everything we have for that game.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 15th, 2006, 00:39
Thanks, Myrthos!

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 17th, 2006, 19:45
This is just an unrealistic idea, but it'd be really cool if this site eventually had its own intro movie with commentary from some of the key founding staff and the mission statement or objective of RPGWatch, followed by a 3D high graphics short movie. I could help to create the intro movie down the road but it'd take at least a few people.

Anyway, everyone has a forum avatar… but how many forums have their own intro movies? It'd set RPGWatch apart from others… and to avoid annoying people by forcing them to watch it or load it everytime they access the site, you could just have it optionally display on the main page or have it show one time for everyone upon initially registering with the forums.

Add me to your friends list on Steam! My name there is: [GoE]SirDeity
Piranha Bytes' Loyal Fan, SirDeity

SirDeity

Watchdog

November 20th, 2006, 18:03
Is it me, or the "^ Back to Top" link in the news is not working?

Arma

Sentinel

November 20th, 2006, 18:11
Tried it in IE and FF and it works in both

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 20th, 2006, 18:18
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Tried it in IE and FF and it works in both
Works for me (FF 1.5.0.8) just fine.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 20th, 2006, 18:24
Well, I'm using … Opera. Version 9.02 Build 8585. And I agree on that it works in FF and IE.

Arma

Sentinel

November 20th, 2006, 19:55
Used to be at the Dot that the "new posts" flag was reset (showing no new posts) if you ended your session (by inactivity or quitting the browser). This does not appear to be the case here. Threads that I did not view Friday still show as unread even though I have been to the site several times since. And yes, I know I can do it manually, but I always seem to forget particularly since it was handled for me in the past.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 20th, 2006, 21:14
Originally Posted by Arma View Post
Well, I'm using … Opera. Version 9.02 Build 8585. And I agree on that it works in FF and IE.
Confirmed, doesn´t work in Opera 9.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

November 20th, 2006, 21:17
I think this is too much work for a small site. You can do things like if you have 500000 readers every month.

Originally Posted by SirDeity View Post
This is just an unrealistic idea, but it'd be really cool if this site eventually had its own intro movie with commentary from some of the key founding staff and the mission statement or objective of RPGWatch, followed by a 3D high graphics short movie. I could help to create the intro movie down the road but it'd take at least a few people.

Anyway, everyone has a forum avatar… but how many forums have their own intro movies? It'd set RPGWatch apart from others… and to avoid annoying people by forcing them to watch it or load it everytime they access the site, you could just have it optionally display on the main page or have it show one time for everyone upon initially registering with the forums.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

November 20th, 2006, 21:56
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Used to be at the Dot that the "new posts" flag was reset (showing no new posts) if you ended your session (by inactivity or quitting the browser). This does not appear to be the case here. Threads that I did not view Friday still show as unread even though I have been to the site several times since. And yes, I know I can do it manually, but I always seem to forget particularly since it was handled for me in the past.
As I think this is correct behaviour and the behaviour at RPGDot was erroneous I don't think it will change.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Confirmed, doesn´t work in Opera 9.
So much for compatibility then….

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 21st, 2006, 16:16
Do what I do Dte, at the end of my readthrough I just go to the main forums site list and hit the Mark Read at the bottom of the list before I log. One click gets them all.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

November 22nd, 2006, 00:54
Originally Posted by Cmgamer View Post
Do what I do Dte, at the end of my readthrough I just go to the main forums site list and hit the Mark Read at the bottom of the list before I log. One click gets them all.
I know, I know, but I'm old, forgetful, and a creature of…ummm….what was I saying again?

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Division Champs! / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 22nd, 2006, 01:25
Dte, if you're old, I'm Ancient, while CM is just decrepit!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 22nd, 2006, 02:08
*Cm slaps Corwin with a wet moldy fish*
Just wait til I find a way to add my red hot pitchfork smilie to the list.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

November 23rd, 2006, 01:26
Originally Posted by Arma View Post
Is it me, or the "^ Back to Top" link in the news is not working?
Solved in a way.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » RPGWatch Updates, Bug reports and Feature requests