|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - Screen Overload @ NMA

Default Fallout 3 - Screen Overload @ NMA

August 17th, 2008, 23:18
NMA has a collection of 28 Fallout 3 screens and links to other sites for a total of 145 images, following a demo to Taiwanese game sites. The shots are literally photos of the screen, so the quality is poor but you'll get to see lots of (spoilerish) dialogue and more.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 17th, 2008, 23:18
Wow! I really had doubts that the 1950's monochrome effects, superimposed over modern technology would really work; but it looks great.

Santos

Ass-hat

August 18th, 2008, 09:13
Hmmm, the dialogue doesn't strike me as particularly good, nor bad really. Standard fare as far as I can tell from these few examples. Overall I am not too impressed with the looks of the game so far, but I totally dig the Vaultboy icons.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

August 18th, 2008, 10:31
It looks surprisingly good at this point - some of those dialogue options actually indicate real choices, which is a huge step in the right direction compared to Oblivion.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

August 18th, 2008, 10:48
Yes very informative screen shots.
………………………………………….. …….
Re:-
[If you don't want spoilers, you should probably steer clear of these. It's been suggested that they violate the NDA a tad, so if you want to, look at them while they're there.]

How does this NDA system actually work? - i would have thought pre release spoilers were allowed to a certain degree. What part actually "infringes" the NDA?

Wulf

Inquisitor

August 18th, 2008, 19:09
Kinda smirked at the Nerd Rage Perk.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

August 18th, 2008, 22:40
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
How does this NDA system actually work? - i would have thought pre release spoilers were allowed to a certain degree. What part actually "infringes" the NDA?
I'm not sure if this journalist actually signed an NDA (I never did for Fallout 3), but a standard NDA includes a clause on showing footage from the game other than officially released materials. i.e. you're not supposed to.

In earlier showings, taking pictures of the demo was not allowed.

Note that this does not make it illegal for NMA to host the shots, it just means the journalist that attended the showing broke the rules and might be forced to take down the screens. Bethesda has no real leverage to make us or anyone else take down the hosted shots (NMA's shots, you'll note, have been corrected against the angle, so they're clearer than the shots on the Asian websites).

Hmmm, the dialogue doesn't strike me as particularly good, nor bad really
Pretty much the impression I got from the demo. Definitely passable, especially if the options shown in dialogue are valid and you can turn dialogue in any direction you want to. Just "yes, no, fight" is obviously not enough, so the Sheriff dialogue is not that impressive, but dialogue with Mr Burke in particular looked to contain some valid options. Which would be great, but you can't tell that from a single play-through.
Last edited by Brother None; August 18th, 2008 at 23:52.

Brother None

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - Screen Overload @ NMA