|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Interplay - still FOOLish

Default Interplay - still FOOLish

November 22nd, 2006, 12:22
As usual, No Mutants Allowed continues to track Interplay and the latest news is that following a (relatively) successful period of debt reduction, they will actively pursue securing funds for Fallout Online (FOOL). Head to NMA for the nitty gritty on the SEC filings and the full story but here's a grab from everyone's favourite, Herve Caen:
Having significantly reduced our debt over the past two years, we are now in an improved position to raise capital. This private placement will be another critical step toward the funding and development of our Fallout property into a Massively Multiplayer Online Game, which represents our plan for growth in the coming years.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 22nd, 2006, 12:22
Let me get this straight they have the multiplayer rights for fallout but Beshesda bought the single player rights?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2006, 14:21
Interesting … I didn't know they still existed …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2006, 15:03
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
Let me get this straight they have the multiplayer rights for fallout but Beshesda bought the single player rights?
Thats right - Bethesda never had the rights for a Fallout MMO that was always reserved.

What is happening at Interplay these days I don't know. I know the founder isn't there anymore he has a new company that made the new Bard's Tale game (Inxile or something). Titus have control of Interplay now I believe. The Fallout devs are all over the place now also.
Last edited by woges; November 22nd, 2006 at 15:11.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 22nd, 2006, 16:58
Yes they held on to one big fish FO Online rights and slowly crept out of bankruptcy over about a year by selling everything off.
Problem with his theory is that while the potental is great for FO Online, its just a theroy until he has the people capable of making it great, which only about 10% to 20% of Game Designers at most could make it great, they would want to be paid for their work and he would need tons of cash for at least a 3 or 4 year development , not to mention servers and upkeep.
So if he pulls it off we can be playing FO Online in about 5 years!

Acleacius

SasqWatch

November 22nd, 2006, 18:07
I keep telling them they need to use silver bullets, but nobody listens!!!

Naked_Lunch

Watcher

November 22nd, 2006, 21:37
So true. The Living Dead of the game world.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 23rd, 2006, 03:11
Interplay is like a headless chook running around the barn. It's dead, but it just doesn't know it yet!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

November 23rd, 2006, 06:38
This is a little off topic but having read the article I checked the Interplay site.
It looks like they've made an attempt to get a support database up and running for their games. Patches as well as Hints and Walkthroughs are available. This appears to be a work in progress but coverage for the majority of games they released is there.

Interplay Support

I know some of this information is available around the web, but often sites suppling patches do not make the distinction which Country release those patches may be for or which compilations may require specific patches. Nice to see them make this effort. I think I'll grab patches and relevant info for all their games I own that I'm missing.

Ubbax
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. " - George Bernard Shaw

Ubbax

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Interplay - still FOOLish