|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Warhammer 40k Space Marine

Default Warhammer 40k Space Marine

September 14th, 2008, 05:29
I just saw this video. I had hopes they were making a RPG like Gothic but it looks more like God of War/Devil May Cry.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54596

Anyone else heard anything about this. A found a few sites but they all had the same video and compared it with Gears of War. I've never played Gears or War so I wouldn't know but it sure had a God of War feel to it.

Too bad THQ is going with action again. I thought maybe some publisher might actually try to make a RPG since there is tons of lore and an actual P&P rpg in the warhammer universe, but nope they still go with an action game. I just hope they don't mess it up like they did with Fire Warrior.

I guess if I want an RPG I'll have to get Warhammer Online *shudder*. I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy that or not.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

September 14th, 2008, 07:10
Wow that looked kinda cool!

For all of like ten seconds… almost looks like a beat 'em up game. Space marine pulling combos? Like how he's immune from any attack during his finishing moves. Those annoying "timed sequence" puzzles?

Im surprised that defeated enemies dont drop little red health orbs! Emperor have mercy…

somethings telling me this is going to be to Warhammer 40k what Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel is to Fallout !
Last edited by xSamhainx; September 14th, 2008 at 07:17.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 14th, 2008, 15:26
Blasphemy, thou shalt not mention the retarded cousin of the holy Fallout

Seriously, I have that feeling too. For the first 10 seconds I was like wow this looks cool, but then the action didn't stop and they mentioned something like 100 different kinds of finishing moves and then my gothic/space marine fantasy died and it became Devil May Cry 4 meets Warhammer meets God of War impression. I liked DMC 4 and GOW but keep them out of my Warhammer, plus both those games got boring really quick. Especially DMC 4 on the PC, my god it was hard to play that with a mouse and keyboard.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

September 14th, 2008, 15:38
Yeah, I've seen the game on my rounds. They just showed a little, looks very Gears to me.

There's videos up on youtube saying they want more melee than combat. It's rather brutal.

Saying that Gears is 'influenced' by 40K I'm sure.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General Non-RPG » Warhammer 40k Space Marine