|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount & Blade - v1.003 Available

Default Mount & Blade - v1.003 Available

September 20th, 2008, 23:34
As promised, you can now grab Mount & Blade v1.003:
This has been such a wonderful ride and so many thanks are in order. If you'll excuse me, I want to start with my dear wife Ipek, the first artist I had the pleasure of working with, the sunshine of my life, without whose determination and hard work and wonderful courage this project would never start in the first place.

I would also like to thank our dear team at Taleworlds offices, Ozgur, Cem, Pinar, Mustafa, Umit, and Serdar who have worked on the game with great enthusiasm and creativity, each bringing in their great talents and hard work into turning a humble indie game into a professional production. And many thanks to all the other wonderfully gifted people who have directly contributed to the game, Steve Negus, who masterfully wrote and designed all the different lord commentaries, richly characterized companions and claim holder rebellions, Ryan A. Span who again did a wonderful job, turning my amateurish lines into an excellent game dialog and text. We have had the great fortune of having the game's concept art made by a genius of an artist, Ganbad Badamkhand, and then our stroke of luck went further when another genius in his field, Jesse Hopkins, composed the brilliant sound track. Tassilo Egloffstein and Jade Henderson did the top-notch voice work. Then of course, we had all the creative ideas, and wonderful support from this community, so thank you all, our always so fun and witty administrators and moderators who give these forums its unique character, the brilliant community of modders, and of course everyone else who have contributed to these forums and supported this game. And last but no least, I want to thank our dear partners at Paradox Interactýve, Boel, Fredrik, Susana, Simon, Johan, Theo, Jeanette and all the team there for their friendship and for believing in us and our project and for all the help they gave us in realizing it..

And now, without further ado, and with great pleasure, I present you Mount&Blade 1.003, the final release of our little indie game, which I believe, we made happen all together…

From filefront (380.29 MB):
http://files.filefront.com/mountandblade+1003+setupexe/;11835633;/fileinfo.html

From the Repository (only if FileFront is giving you trouble, please):
http://www.mbrepository.com/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=881
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 20th, 2008, 23:34
All I can say is «About time»!

I was looking at my archives and saw that I bought this game in… 2005!

vanedor

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2008, 01:53
Originally Posted by vanedor View Post
All I can say is «About time»!

I was looking at my archives and saw that I bought this game in… 2005!
Really? I was under the impression that it had only just been released.

rbtroj

Watchdog

September 21st, 2008, 03:42
Originally Posted by rbtroj View Post
Really? I was under the impression that it had only just been released.
Mount & Blade had a long opt-in period during the beta, when you could buy the game at a reduced price. I bought it a while ago myself (not too long ago, but when the game was still in .8something beta)

Brother None

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2008, 11:46
I don't understand. Is this download some sort of demo or do you need to have bought the game to play it? It doesn't say.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2008, 13:20
The download is both the demo and full thing. Demo until level 7 if you don't own a license number, full game if you type the license in.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 21st, 2008, 13:29
Right, so I'll download it in that case. Last time I checked it, a long time ago, it didn't really do anything for me, but it looks better now.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2008, 14:39
What did they add in this last update? Was there more than tweaks? I didnt find any patch notes.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

September 21st, 2008, 16:19
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
Mount & Blade had a long opt-in period during the beta, when you could buy the game at a reduced price. I bought it a while ago myself (not too long ago, but when the game was still in .8something beta)
Ah, I see now. Actually, I think I was confusing it with another "blank & blank" game that was recently in development - wish I could remember the name, because I downloaded the M&B demo last night and it's definitely not the same game.

In the demo of the other game, you started in a little pallisaded encampment as the "tutorial" portion. Once you finished there you could ride out into the wilderness where you were immediately killed by wolves or bandits in a nearby village.

Edit: And now I am officially obsessed with finding out what the name of that game was. The fact that it's no longer among my bookmarks tells me something, but I just gotta know the name!
Last edited by rbtroj; September 21st, 2008 at 17:13.

rbtroj

Watchdog

September 22nd, 2008, 16:14
Changelog (compiled by someone on the official M&B forum) for version 1.003.

1. Polearms are much better now.
2. New animations. If you hit someone on the head with the staff (tutorial part), they stumble back a bit. If you hit them in their left arm, they stumble right.
3. Some new item modifiers.(Lordly, Masterwork).
4. New sounds for practically everything. The music is also better, but seems a bit out of place in some areas.
5. More banners.
6. You can see a picture of yourself in the character screen and inventory screen.
7. New drawing animations (and how you hold weapons). The way you move, hold weapons, and swing weapons is much more fluid and much more entertaining.
8. In the character screen, you start with five skill points, before it was four.
9. In the character screen you now edit your face by clicking on the image of you in the screen.
10. In the character screen, you see information about the skills, attributes, etc. by moving the cursor over them. Before, you had to click each skill to see what it did, now you don't have to.
11. The character screen is much lighter and more organized (at least it seems that way to me). The effects of skills seem to be more defined and clearer to understand, or maybe it's just easier to read with the light background.

vanedor

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mount & Blade - v1.003 Available