|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » English version, Patching & Uncut mod

Default English version, Patching & Uncut mod

January 31st, 2008, 18:12
Questions:

1) So far from what i gathered - the UK version had censored voices & script while the US version seriously chopped. What about Aussie version?

2) For Asian english edition - anyone know it's based on UK, US, or Aussie version?

3) The uncut mod by halmtier compatible with patch 1.2?
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9006.0

Remus

Antihero

January 31st, 2008, 20:33
The UK version was not censored at all, and as far as I understand the USA version only censored the nudity. The cuts to the English script were most likely due to disc space and to save a bit of money on voice acting (and some more by not having to use more than one DVD per copy).

No idea about the rest.

KazikluBey

Sentinel

February 1st, 2008, 18:47
They should have ditched the german voice um.. acting in favor of an extended english one.
It's really poorly done and probably harms the game more than leaving it out in the first place would have.

Vio

Watcher

February 2nd, 2008, 06:14
I heard the english voice actings also not that good…

Remus

Antihero

February 2nd, 2008, 21:18
Actually it's not bad at all. There are exceptions but few and far between. The only thing which I find annoying is the way NPCs keep saying: "Geralt?!" in a ton of voice like you just opened the door and found them sitting on a toilet…..

zahratustra

SasqWatch

February 7th, 2008, 17:15
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Actually it's not bad at all. There are exceptions but few and far between. The only thing which I find annoying is the way NPCs keep saying: "Geralt?!" in a ton of voice like you just opened the door and found them sitting on a toilet…..
That's funny and true! But yeah, people have complained about the voice acting, but people ALWAYS complain about that, doesn't matter how good a game is. Trust me, there's really nothing to complain about.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

September 29th, 2008, 15:16
So.. anybody know about the Aussie version? Is it the same as the European version, or censored like the American one?

I can't imagine that they would censor GTAIV and leave The Witcher as it is, unfortunately. I've played the American version, and I'm going to buy the EE the day it's released, so I'll tell you guys if nobody knows for sure.

Vivaldren

Traveler

September 29th, 2008, 15:24
From what I've heard about Australian entertainment in general, I would be surprised if it was censored like the American version, but who knows.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

September 30th, 2008, 00:43
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
From what I've heard about Australian entertainment in general, I would be surprised if it was censored like the American version, but who knows.
So you missed all the fun about Fallout 3 being banned in Australia?

Steam | Google

Asbjoern

N'wah

September 30th, 2008, 04:38
Hmm… yup guess I missed it. Haven't been keeping up with the Fallout 3 news. I thought Australia was a country that freely showed boobies on network television? Isn't that what got censored in the American version of TW? Or do I have it all wrong about Aussy land?

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » English version, Patching & Uncut mod