|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Screens @ Worthplaying

Default Divinity 2 - Screens @ Worthplaying

October 6th, 2008, 17:50
Worthplaying has added 16 hopefully new screenshots to their gallery for Divinity 2. Most are exterior shots but there are a few that show some interface detail as well as an NPC or two. You can view them here.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

October 6th, 2008, 17:50
The screens do look amazing. What a pitty, my 3 year old gig won't be able to run it I think.
But the quickmapping doesn't looks like it is finished yet? the grey part?
and isn't that sword on the next screen just HUGE
But the screens do look good

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

October 6th, 2008, 18:30
Originally Posted by titus View Post
The screens do look amazing.
They do? It doesn't look any different to the Oblivion/Gothic 3/NWN2 era of games to me. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, and it means it's likely a 3 year old rig can play them fine, but I want to see what the next generation of pretty looks like!

kalniel

SasqWatch

October 6th, 2008, 18:32
I haven't played any of these 3 games, so to me they look amazing, too.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 6th, 2008, 19:26
Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
They do? It doesn't look any different to the Oblivion/Gothic 3/NWN2 era of games to me. Which isn't a bad thing in of itself, and it means it's likely a 3 year old rig can play them fine, but I want to see what the next generation of pretty looks like!
Then you need to wait for the next generation of consoles to come out. Multiplatform games have pretty much maxed out on graphics by now since the graphics units of the X360 and PS3 just can't handle anymore than current gen graphics.

So unless the developers spend extra time and money on pimping the PC versions of their games, we're not going to see much better graphics on the PC until the next gen of consoles arrives.

Since it's going to be another two years or so until that happens we will only be seeing marginal visual improvements for the next couple of years.
Maybe there'll be a few PC exclusive titles that will stand out graphically in the meantime (like Crysis) but I wouldn't really know of a single one in development right now.

Moriendor

Spielkind

October 6th, 2008, 19:33
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Then you need to wait for the next generation of consoles to come out. Multiplatform games have pretty much maxed out on graphics by now since the graphics units of the X360 and PS3 just can't handle anymore than current gen graphics.

So unless the developers spend extra time and money on pimping the PC versions of their games, we're not going to see much better graphics on the PC until the next gen of consoles arrives.

Since it's going to be another two years or so until that happens we will only be seeing marginal visual improvements for the next couple of years.
Maybe there'll be a few PC exclusive titles that will stand out graphically in the meantime (like Crysis) but I wouldn't really know of a single one in development right now.
You're quite right - unless the devs can come up with a scalable engine that allows bells and whistles on the PC version for no significant extra developer/QA time then we'll have to wait. There isn't enough of a paying market for PC exclusive titles unless you talk about MMOs or casual games, or blizzard .

kalniel

SasqWatch

October 6th, 2008, 22:23
Thank god. Let's stop for a while, so we don't all need to buy new rigs every other week.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 6th, 2008, 23:39
I hear that!

I think the screens look fantastic, i like nice 2d or 3d graphics but I dont really demand state of the art. Does this look good? Looks great from where im sittin

As long as it isnt Spiderweb style graphics or something of that nature, I'm down w/ it!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

October 7th, 2008, 08:11
I must say I'm surprised. Last time I saw screenshots from this game I thought it looked very cartoonish kinda like a Zelda game. The game is definitely back on my list.

stealth

Sentinel

October 7th, 2008, 08:45
The interface doesn't look very immersive, though. I would hope it's a placeholder.

Bedwyr

October 7th, 2008, 13:27
The interface itself is still in development and will be "fixed"during the next time.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 7th, 2008, 21:38
Screenshots aren't very exciting, but then again, the first game took a while to appreciate too. I'm just glad that the game isn't vaporware and it's coming along nicely.

Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
I don't know of one in development either. Crysis was basically the swan song of high end PC development.

doctor_kaz

Keeper of the Watch

October 7th, 2008, 22:56
Regarding the Battle Tower:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthre…gonew=1#UNREAD

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Screens @ Worthplaying