|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Fallout 3?

Poll: How does Fallout 3 look so far?

Poll Options
How does Fallout 3 look so far?

Default Fallout 3?

October 15th, 2008, 18:06
Fate is really trying lure me to become a freeloader. Amazon cancelled my fallout3 order without any reason:
Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #XXXXXXX.

We are sorry to report that the release of the following item has been
cancelled:

"Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)"

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that
you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience
caused.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
zakhal is offline

zakhal

zakhal's Avatar
HomelyRebel

#61

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europa Universalis
Posts: 2,973

Default 

October 15th, 2008, 19:58
Amazon cancelled my fallout3 order without any reason:
What? They told you what is the reason:
release of the following item has been
cancelled:

"Fallout 3 UK Collectors Edition (PC)"
Konjad is offline

Konjad

Konjad's Avatar
Watch traitor from Codex

#62

Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 711

Default 

October 15th, 2008, 20:30
I am definately awaiting this game as well. The pics look good but I don't judge a game by its graphics. I usually play games on middle to low graphics because I tend to be a generation or so behind in hardware.

I definately fell into the hype for Oblivion buying the collectors edition on the first day…had to drive to 3 different stores since stores already sold out in my area. I definately spent a large numbers of hours in the game and tried out some mods. I hate to say it though, I never finished the main quest. I got too caught up in side quests and exploration and then started on a different game (Wizardry8 solo fairy ninja). I loved the ability to powergame as well but it was definately a bit more action oriented. I still consider it an RPG though.

In regards to the xbox leak, in a way I'm glad because the publishers now know that they can't just ignore PC users because consoles get hacked as well.
sherwinz28 is offline

sherwinz28

Watchdog

#63

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 175

Default 

October 15th, 2008, 23:48
Originally Posted by Konjad View Post
What? They told you what is the reason:
I just had the same email, it seems the collecters edition for the PC has been cancelled not the console ones. I just ordered the standard PC version, I'm not paying £25 more for the PS3 Special Edition, I don't need a lunch box that much lol.
Well I didnt expect that - I thought it was just out of stock or somthing. Now I feel like getting stabbed - PC game doesnt get CE but consoles do? This sucks if its true - thank you PC pirates for this one too.

I dont feel like buying fallout3 CE for xbox incase fallout3 gets similar mod treatment as ES series. I guess Ill buy nothing then if there is no PC CE - I just wait the prices to drop since there is no hurry to buy it.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Last edited by zakhal; October 16th, 2008 at 00:33.
zakhal is offline

zakhal

zakhal's Avatar
HomelyRebel

#64

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europa Universalis
Posts: 2,973

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 01:08
There's still a CE for PC, just not for the UK apparently. I have it on pre-order here.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

#65

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,398
Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 01:28
I have the CE for the PC on pre-order as well… and I haven't received any cancellation notice, so as far as I can tell there's still a CE for the PC, for at least the U.S.

May all your hits be crits!
narpet is offline

narpet

narpet's Avatar
Sentinel

#66

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 532

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 10:10
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Does this direct comment from one pirate help you understand? (translated from finnish)
That guy is an obvious moron. I love the comment about buying "few squaremeters of house" with game money. That could apply to anything, not just games. He's simply trying to make an excuse for being a cheap, ignorant, prick who doesn't want to pay for a product.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#67

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,701

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 10:56
I don't really get the CE-or-nothing attitude. It's a shame but various markets (other than NA, of course) often don't get CE versions - what's wrong with the normal version?

As for the pirate quoted earlier…just a jerk; the world is full of them.

-= RPGWatch =-
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#68

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,967

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 11:04
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I don't really get the CE-or-nothing attitude.
Im not in hurry to play every game as soon as they are released (somtimes full of bugs) so if I dont buy the CE I just wait for the price of the normal edition to drop to say 15€ and save few bucks.

Before fallout3 Im still going to play atleast the fall: gaia reloaded and the brotherhood of steel (+possibly both stalkers) and I havent even started those yet. I just finished wasteland.

Somtimes I do buy normal editions as-soon-as-they-are-released but fallout3 doesnt seem that good after all the bad mouthing and leaking Ive seen in every forum.
Originally Posted by narpet View Post
I have the CE for the PC on pre-order as well… and I haven't received any cancellation notice, so as far as I can tell there's still a CE for the PC, for at least the U.S.
Ok. Lots of people are wondering why amazon cancelled the orders - they never gave any reason. Game.co.uk has cancelled too but they said that the game is too heavy or somthing. I switched my order back to play.com - hope they dont cancel too.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Last edited by zakhal; October 16th, 2008 at 11:33.
zakhal is offline

zakhal

zakhal's Avatar
HomelyRebel

#69

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europa Universalis
Posts: 2,973

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 11:52
If it doesn't seem that good, why would you want the CE version?

-= RPGWatch =-
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#70

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,967

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 12:31
Im a fallout/nuclear holocaust/shooter fan and even though f3 its not a good game its still propably an enjoyable average radioactive-wasteland-shooter with a twist. Also the CE contents dont look that bad for its price - I might even have use for the lunchbox.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke
Last edited by zakhal; October 16th, 2008 at 13:02.
zakhal is offline

zakhal

zakhal's Avatar
HomelyRebel

#71

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Europa Universalis
Posts: 2,973

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 20:36
How do we know if Fallout 3 is or isn't a good game? Maybe we should actually play it first.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#72

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,701

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 21:23
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
How do we know if Fallout 3 is or isn't a good game? Maybe we should actually play it first.
Yes, we do not "know", of course. We just make reasonable predictions from the available data. I don't recall an occasion on which this approach to estimating a game's worth before its release wouldn't work.

And I want to have grounds to believe a game is good or bad BEFORE I shell out lots of money for it. How can I do it, if there's no demo? I can only read previews, search for dev interviews and so on. A sound critique of some of the given game's aspects doesn't need to be based on actual experience of the game on part of the person expressing the critique in question.
Elwro is offline

Elwro

Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy

#73

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 482

Default 

October 16th, 2008, 21:52
Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
Yes, we do not "know", of course. We just make reasonable predictions from the available data. I don't recall an occasion on which this approach to estimating a game's worth before its release wouldn't work.
I could name a few instances when that approach didn't work.

Gothic 3 for one…


Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
A sound critique of some of the given game's aspects doesn't need to be based on actual experience of the game on part of the person expressing the critique in question.
No, but it's going to be far inferior to that of someone who has actually played it.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#74

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,701

Default 

October 17th, 2008, 10:07
Well, somehow I'm pretty sure our opinions on Gothic 3 differ :-) But Lionheart and Oblivion are good examples of the general rule I was talking about. Every justified criticism I can remember which had been stated before the games' releases turned out to be true. I don't see how Fallout 3 will suddenly become an exception.

And as for your second statement - it depends on the person who has "actually played" the game. Just look at Oblivion boards and legions of people who have "actually played" the game and claim it is a great RPG because you can roleplay someone taking a nap after eating a meal. I don't see such opinions being far superior to the valid criticisms raised about the game by people who have never played it.
Elwro is offline

Elwro

Elwro's Avatar
Filthy Codex Spy

#75

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 482

Default 

October 17th, 2008, 15:10
Originally Posted by Elwro View Post
Well, somehow I'm pretty sure our opinions on Gothic 3 differ :-).

I'm betting you're wrong there, I actually really enjoyed Gothic 3. The vast majority of fans were let down though, and you can't really blame them.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#76

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,701

Default 

October 17th, 2008, 15:25
I can only judge by waht we've seen on the net.
I voted "I hate it" because it seems Bethesda has transformed Fallout in a FPS with rpg elements. Real time combat and first person risk to spoil the game of its strong points. Also the semi-scalable monster level is disappointing. I'll wait to read some other review.

Furor Vincit Omnia
Gragnak is offline

Gragnak

Gragnak's Avatar
Black Knight

#77

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Italy, Tuscany
Posts: 133
Send a message via Yahoo to Gragnak

Default 

October 18th, 2008, 20:47
Not impressed. I think it will be quite a suprise if the developers of Oblivion make an FPS game and have it be something I would call an RPG. For it to be a decent Fallout sequel will require divine intervention.
quasimodo is offline

quasimodo

Watcher

#78

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 95

Default 

October 2nd, 2010, 12:26
Fallout 3 Developer Series 2D turn-based roots into a isometric beautifully rendered 3D, pseudo real-time, first-person RPG. Find out if Fallout 3 is a worthy successor to the old games or just a shallow rip-off to exploit a known name.
rayfordleal is offline

rayfordleal

Banned

#79

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3

Default 

October 10th, 2011, 07:28
I just ordered Fallout 3 game from ebay for my brother because I'm new in gaming world & try it soon after receiving…
theyouthexpress is offline

theyouthexpress

Banned

#80

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: India
Posts: 1
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Fallout 3?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:42.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch