RPG's or strategy games in the next year?

Elemental - War of Magic is the one I'm most looking for now (in the strategy department)

Is that the Master of Magic inspired one? In which case seconded.

Looks like rich pickings coming up anyway, fingers crossed this is just the start of a new golden age rather than a temporary coincidence.

That's the one, Benedict. Stardock has made a point on more than one occasion to say it's not MOM Redux, yet they regularly use MOM as a reference in describing their game. Probably not a "core game" for the Watch, but I expect there will be a lot of folks here playing and discussing it when the time comes.

With any luck Age of Decadence will be out next year, and I'm looking forward to that more than any other release.

I think you'll have to wait a decade for that one, Fezzik.

Did Stardock ever put in regular online play (PBEM, hotseat)? Last I heard, it was like MW2; no real online play, just company-sanctioned garbage only. I won't even consider it if it lacks a map editor and hotseat/pbem.

*Edit* forgotten all about my prior posts a year ago. :p

Last edited:
what makes you say that AoD will still take so long?
because I wanted to suggest the same game

I'm playing that now.

P.S. It's called "Risen".

No there is actually a Gothic 4 also. Risen looks very Gothicy though.

Are you playing on the 360 by chance? What do you think? The review I watched of the game said it was a bad port although he didn't elaborate. Have you had any trouble?

And how does it compare to the Gothic games in other respects?

No there is actually a Gothic 4 also.
No. There is no Gothic 4. There is Risen and Arcania: A Gothic Tale.

I did get Risen in the other day from EB...the site said it was on back-order but it still arrived in 2 days:]

It will have to wait in my pile because I'm hooked on King's Bounty atm...great game!

As Risen is.

We're just going around in circles. Risen is an entirely new story, is that not so? And Arcania: A Gothic tale is the forth installment in the Gothic series. Is that right, or have I got that wrong?

So why is Risen Gothic 4?

Are you saying they're both Gothic 4, made by different devs but competing to be the sequel to Gothic 3? Are you saying Risen is so similar to the Gothic series it's basically Gothic 4? Explain it to me please because you're making no sense to me.

Risen is made by PB who also made Gothics 1-3. This would have been their Gothic 4; they just changed the setting and a few names!!

Risen is an entirely new story, is that not so?
Yes. Arcania has a new story as well. There is no game that continues the story of original Gothics. Just two games that are similiar to them.

Yes. Arcania has a new story as well. There is no game that continues the story of original Gothics. Just two games that are similiar to them.

So there are two different games as I thought? I thought you were going to say they changed the name from Arcania: A Gothic Tale to Risen. But that's not the case, they are seperate games? Is that right?

The main thing is Gothic 4 is still on the way. Or are you going to say no, Gothic 4 is Risen again?

Anyway, have you played it? Is it any good? Risen that is.

There is no Gothic 4, there are just Risen and Arcania.
gothicgame052.jpg

Is that the Master of Magic inspired one? In which case seconded.

Looks like rich pickings coming up anyway, fingers crossed this is just the start of a new golden age rather than a temporary coincidence.

Elemental is like MoM in that it did not have a good release, so in that sense it is definitely the spiritual successor to it.

I am part of a small team working on modding Elemental to make it like MoM. Look us up if you are interested in joining.

Elemental is like MoM in that it did not have a good release, so in that sense it is definitely the spiritual successor to it.

I am part of a small team working on modding Elemental to make it like MoM. Look us up if you are interested in joining.

Um ... while it is nice you are working on this, and I know I welcome the news - digging up 1+ year old threads one after the next to subvert whatever discussion there was into touting your mod ... I would call that 'trolling'.

Back
Top Bottom